Western Union money transfer

Note that although they opened the account today it may not be fully functional till Monday. So don’t rush.

Hi Dsp27, yes I will make sure the account is up and running and double check that on monday or tuesday. Ok, I will just send $300 at first just in case but you have sent around $4K per month all this year right?

Can you please clarify if there is any ID needed to upload or write down from the sender when setting up the account or making the transfer? Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi Dsp27, yes I will make sure the account is up and running and double check that on monday or tuesday. Ok, I will just send $300 at first just in case but you have sent around $4K per month all this year right?

Can you please clarify if there is any ID needed to upload or write down from the sender when setting up the account or making the transfer? Thanks in advance for the help.
1.Yes.
2. No, you just need the account number and DNI number, address... nothing to “upload”. The system checks the details against the Argentine central bank details.If the system cannot verify the receiver it will not allow you to proceed.

1.Yes.
2. No, you just need the account number and DNI number, address... nothing to “upload”. The system checks the details against the Argentine central bank details.If the system cannot verify the receiver it will not allow you to proceed.
Ok great, yes she appears correctly in the Argentine central bank so there should be no problem there. What about on the sender side from the U.S.? Do they just ask for name and email or do you have to upload and ID at any time? Thanks again and I will update next week to tell you guys how it went.

Ok great, yes she appears correctly in the Argentine central bank so there should be no problem there. What about on the sender side from the U.S.? Do they just ask for name and email or do you have to upload and ID at any time? Thanks again and I will update next week to tell you guys how it went.
Unless you get flagged for further review there is no need to upload anything. You seem little paranoid haha. Just do it— try, send a small amount and see what happens. Nothing to be scared about or be anxious imho.

Unless you get flagged for further review there is no need to upload anything. You seem little paranoid haha. Just do it— try, send a small amount and see what happens. Nothing to be scared about or be anxious imho.
Haha, you are probably right, just that I cant do much till monday/tuesday when I verify the Itau account, otherwise I would have sent it already. Also, I had no idea of WU would pay a good rate till a month ago, so was out of access to our money in the U.S. Have to pay some friends back haha, so I am a little anxious for it to all work. I am doubtful/surprised of why one can receive 4K a month without saying anything. Is there a particular law of Ayuda familiar or how much one can receive? Or since we are foreigners the just bypass this for bigger fish to chase?

Would it not just be easier to go into local WU and pick up the cash? Seems like a lot of hassle bank to bank .
I never investigated WU, generally I return to the states a few times a year and come back with cash but not 2020.
Is it really possible to get equal value for $1,000 ($40 for the total transfer felt good to me) from WU? Do you get it in cash or dollar blue peso rate? I will dig into the WU threads for info. Thanks

It used to take 5 business days bank to bank but it now arrives same day (if you transfer before 9am AR time) or next day. I think this is for transfers of 499 USD or less but might be wrong.
Transferred $1,000 bank to bank last week and got it the next day, then had a song and dance to put it in my dollar account and another song and dance with Banco Credicoop but was able to withdraw in Dollars for 4% and then Blue Market for 138 pesos. Can WU do better than that?

Back