Western Union money transfer

worst thing to do.
No worries, Argentina looks like the best bet for a decent retirement. But in some countries if they experienced what Argentines are at some point might have serious problems. Just checking to see if that's a concern.

or if you can live in a fancy house in Belgrano R, even better, its the NEXT level to living in a nice building in BA
I agree, and I would add the next level to that is in an even bigger house in a Country Club (not Nordelta). Its always a wonder to me why everyone chooses Palermo or Belgrano (which are great of course) instead of the open air, swimming pool and double the sqaure feet for even less price.

Of course, if you want/need the nightlife or bar scene then Capital is ideal.

No worries, Argentina looks like the best bet for a decent retirement. But in some countries if they experienced what Argentines are at some point might have serious problems. Just checking to see if that's a concern.
I agree, and I would add the next level to that is in an even bigger house in a Country Club (not Nordelta). Its always a wonder to me why everyone chooses Palermo or Belgrano (which are great of course) instead of the open air, swimming pool and double the sqaure feet for even less price.

Of course, if you want/need the nightlife or bar scene then Capital is ideal.
Depends on your style of life. I want the security and amenities of a doorman high-rise in Palermo Chico, close to top healthcare, shopping, cafes. For vacations, we find a nice Airbnb in the country or at the beach. Winters in USA or Europe. This assumes the world returns to some semblance of sanity, of course.

1.00 USD = 170.6800 Argentine Peso (ARS) 2 What seemed like a 10% off the Blue is now stretching out. I heard second hand on Florida that a transaction was done at 194....and when I showed interest I was told to wait until Monday. Umm?

1.00 USD = 170.6800 Argentine Peso (ARS) 2 What seemed like a 10% off the Blue is now stretching out. I heard second hand on Florida that a transaction was done at 194....and when I showed interest I was told to wait until Monday. Umm?

You can get 181 on Airtm. 188/90 on the blue.

You know what's interesting is to me is how small the spread is on the Blue. Just 6 pesos spread on what is effectively 200? Only 3%?

I suppose if the people operating the cuevas are confident that the Blue will continue to rise, then that spread is actually bigger than it looks. I mean, if you buy at 6 pesos less than the sell price today, but by the time you actually sell the dollars tomorrow, the blue has gone up another 10 pesos, then your actual margin is 16 pesos, not 6.

You know what's interesting is to me is how small the spread is on the Blue. Just 6 pesos spread on what is effectively 200? Only 3%?

I suppose if the people operating the cuevas are confident that the Blue will continue to rise, then that spread is actually bigger than it looks. I mean, if you buy at 6 pesos less than the sell price today, but by the time you actually sell the dollars tomorrow, the blue has gone up another 10 pesos, then your actual margin is 16 pesos, not 6.
historically the spread has been 5. so....

Back