Western Union money transfer

As Steve said, create your WesternUnion account while in the USA. Follow the instructions on how to validate and link your bank account to your WesternUnion account. Use the same laptop you will bring to Argentina. Also download the WU application in your phone and login from there as well while in the USA. Practice sending a small amount to a trusted friend if you like.

After arriving Argentina, when doing a transfer, you only need to indicate the city of the recipient and not the specific branch or store. You can then pick it up from any branch or store of your choice within that city with your passport. When you start filling out the form make sure to click on where it says Apply Promo.

It is a good idea to bring cash with you in case promo code stops working at some point, or just as an alternative for emergencies. Of course don't bring cash if you are not sure you can keep it in a safe place and do not have to walk around carrying it.

Thank you!

I can confirm that THEY CAN FIND YOUR CUIT/CUIL even if you send it to your passport number. When I pick up with my passport, it automatically associates with my CUIL, which is listed on the receipt, even though I never gave it to Western Union. Your passport number is clearly (behind the scenes) associated with your DNI.
Is that only while using an Argentine passport, or for a foreign one as well?

Is that only while using an Argentine passport, or for a foreign one as well?

Not via WU, but I believe it's behind the scenes as well like ventanilla said; my DNI was in progress and I got both my vaccinations using my foreigner passport and they showed up in Mi Argentina without having to do anything.

A lady friend mentioned that at the WU Central, Montevideo y Cordoba, clients over 60 can jump the line. She did that.

The latest one listed is still working for me.

Does anyone have a link for tracking the CCL rate. This was the only one I found relatively accurate https://www.lanacion.com.ar/dolar-hoy/ but has nothing historical.

I saw it was 222 a few hours ago then dropped to 214 near where Western Union is now.

The latest one listed is still working for me.

Does anyone have a link for tracking the CCL rate. This was the only one I found relatively accurate https://www.lanacion.com.ar/dolar-hoy/ but has nothing historical.

I saw it was 222 a few hours ago then dropped to 214 near where Western Union is now.

This is the page I usually use for historical data:

Without the Western Union code for waiving the transfer fee, their new fee is now $9 per hundred, not $6.
Thanks for all the updates about the fee and as of today, DIGITAL0FEE is still valid.

Back