Western Union money transfer

It's a gamble. Paying rent this month was a win at $215/$1, but paying for Christmas gifts was a loss at $199/$1.

We'll have to see how the market feels on Monday...

Well, it's Monday and the sky got a little higher...

1.00 USD = 203.7500 ARS

If I remember correctly, in 2000 (in the spring?) the rate was about $165 to one and later in the day the rate was manipulated below $140.

I was in the computer store of a friend who told me it was going to happen that day.

I raced home and made a transfer at the higher rate.

I don't think the rate got back up to the $165 range until about May of this year...

When I have time, I'll check my WU transfer history and provide more detailed info.

Last edited:
Well, it's Monday and the sky got a little higher...

1.00 USD = 203.7500 ARS

If I remember correctly, in 2000 (in the spring?) the rate was about $165 to one and later in the day the rate was manipulated below $140.

I was in the computer store of a friend who told me it was going to happen that day.

I raced home and made a transfer at the higher rate.

I don't think the rate got back up to the $165 range until about May of this year...

When I have time, I'll check my WU transfer history and provide more detailed info.
Western Union Wheel of Fortune! Caught mine on Sunday night at 200.50.

If you want to study past trends for the dollar blue, this chart is indispensable. You can set beginning and ending dates going back to 2002 and up to the present (I don't remember the blue even being around before 2007).

You can look at things like what happened to the price before and after mid-term and presidential elections, previous devaluations, and various other historic events. (For example, you can zoom in for a look at what happened after Kicillof's 23% devaluation of the peso on January 23, 2014 -- after a brief spike upward, the blue went down substantially and didn't recover for months.)

This is the best interactive (and live) chart I know of, as it shows the CCL, blue (libre), MEP, solidario and offical and their relationships throughout the year.

This is the best interactive (and live) chart I know of, as it shows the CCL, blue (libre), MEP, solidario and offical and their relationships throughout the year.
This is only for 2021? Based on the name, it would seem so. This has some limited use, but it would be really useful if it went back some years before 2021 (the further back the better). The MEP, the CCL, the solidario and the official weren't very interesting this year, especially most of the second half of the year when the government intervened heavily in the CCL and MEP.

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere (as I have tried to have a look!). I have USD in a US bank account and GBP in an account in the UK. I've been here a few weeks as a tourist but am now planning to stay longer, working remotely for a UK company and getting paid GBP into my UK account.

So far, I've just been transferring money to pick up the pesos at WU. As things stand at the moment, is this also the best option long-term to get the most for my USD or GBP?

Thank you in advance for any help and steering me in the right direction! I appreciate any advice.

Back