Western Union money transfer

Yup. Under nacionalidad.
Ok it all makes sense now. I had the impression that every time I use my DNI I'm treated as a permanent resident. Monthly phone plan, I've already been to 6 of the 11 mercosur countries using the DNI only. Apparently that 1 year window of validity isn't drawing too much attention.

Is this fall due to the IMF deal going to the senate?
Yup; and it's not fun for us because tomorrow INDEC is expected to say inflation was 3.9% in February, yet the dollar went down for both the Blue and CCL/WU, and the official only rose by 2.66%.

That being said, the BCRA is finally letting the peso depreciate at a more realistic rate, the most in months, and the CCL and the dolar tarjeta are basically at par, and the mid market of the official is $109.20.

It's also harvest time + the IMF disbursement of funds so dollars are expected to come in now/April/May so I wouldn't hold my breath for WU to hit $230 again anytime soon.
188 today. Anyone got a better idea other than selling physical dollars here?

Digital cave: you transfer via ACH/PayPal/Payoneer/etc. to the cave or it's clients account in the US and you get cash here, USD or Pesos. Most charge around 4% to 6%, so depending on WU's rates you might get a better deal sometime soon, though we've yet to hit that point yet mathematically.

That being said, the BCRA is finally letting the peso depreciate at a more realistic rate, the most in months, and the CCL and the dolar tarjeta are basically at par, and the mid market of the official is $109.20.

Do you see this affecting the WU rate in a positive or negative way?

It's also harvest time + the IMF disbursement of funds so dollars are expected to come in now/April/May so I wouldn't hold my breath for WU to hit $230 again anytime soon.

I'm wondering if it will continue to dip or will fluctuate for awhile. Would be nice to get back to near the $200 mark at the very least.

eiycno1mmqc01.png

Long term always bet against the peso, short term, I'd say we're in for the same stagnant WU rate for awhile.

Hope springs eternal though, right?

I'm wondering if it will continue to dip or will fluctuate for awhile. Would be nice to get back to near the $200 mark at the very least.
200 is such a nice, round number.

188 right now. I'll still use 200 to calculate things and then make that slight adjustment that's not in my favor.

Back