Western Union money transfer

Essentially this is what happens in the fall. The free dollar cools off and expat lose for a bit. I'd like start selling dollars to a home delivery service but I really want to keep a low profile.

WU 190.25 Just now

DIGITAL0FEE still working (remember the eighth digit is a zero, not an O)

Good to see some recovery. I also like knowing there are options. Been nervous for a while now that at any time my precious wu could get turned off.

There is a benefit to getting money within an hour though. I don't mind the 1.99 fee in this case.

Both will be handy.

Hi All,
Good morning…
I tried several times just now and I am unable to make a transfer / cash pick up …
It says “ please try again later , we are experiencing technical difficulties.”
Anyone else got this message this morning when they logged in to WU?

What is the list of banks in Argentina that seem to work well for direct WU transfers bank to bank?

I've seen named often in this thread Santander Rio and Itaú. Others? I saw mention of HSBC bank not working all the time. Do direct WU transfers work at all with Banco Nación or Banco Provincia (BsAs)?

Out in the provinces there are fewer banking options--at least physical branches in case of a needed in person consult--and I am looking to open a bank account where it is most likely to work out once set up.

What are options folks would recommend? Thanks to all

What is the list of banks in Argentina that seem to work well for direct WU transfers bank to bank?

I've seen named often in this thread Santander Rio and Itaú. Others? I saw mention of HSBC bank not working all the time. Do direct WU transfers work at all with Banco Nación or Banco Provincia (BsAs)?

Out in the provinces there are fewer banking options--at least physical branches in case of a needed in person consult--and I am looking to open a bank account where it is most likely to work out once set up.

What are options folks would recommend? Thanks to all
HSBC has worked well for me. Once my Western Union account was set up and validated, an early in the morning Western Union transfer to the HSBC Argentina would post to the HSBC account after 6 pm same day or by 6 pm the next day. Not sure about HSBC sucursales out in the provinces but in CABA there are many. Suerte.

Back