Western Union money transfer

WU doesn't treat all customers the same. Before the code came along, some of us were paying much higher fees than others, for reasons which we never did discover. And yes, of course, there's a difference between the fee for pulling direct from a bank account versus debit card versus credit card, but those are smaller than the differences I am talking about, and we never figured out why some of us were charged more than others.
The promo code doesn't work on the Canadian site. I always pay a $25 CAD fee.

The promo code doesn't work on the Canadian site. I always pay a $25 CAD fee.
Does not work on the UK site neither, it says it only applies to online transaction which is actually what I'm trying to do...been using MG past few months but there's a huge difference in WU favour these days, maybe MG will catch up tomorrow.

Until recently, I was living in the U.S. I would send money, from my U.S. bank, to the bank accounts of family members in Argentina using Western Union. No problems. Now that I'm again living in Argentina, I wish to send money to my own (new) Argentina bank account. I've tried for weeks to do this, unsuccessfully. Has anyone ever had this problem or know of a solution?

Both my daughter and I have accounts at BBVA. I can still transfer to her account but am unable to complete a transfer to mine. Each time, I get an message that the "bank info is incorrect, check it and try again". All is correct, both sending and receiving.

I've called customer service and received various answers but no solutions. Some said to contact web services, which I did. They said to verify my accounts (plural). I have only one, which accurately has my U.S. bank and Argentina bank information.

A rep this morning said that sending money to myself while I'm in Argentina is impossible. Well, I think a few of you here do just that, and I have no problem using another service like Remitly. When I told him this, he said I'm now using an Argentina website, although the URL is still U.S. (it's hidden, he said). I've tried registering with Western Union Argentina, but they will only allow me to send money internationally, not to Argentina.

This goes on and on. I've made a transfer to my daughter's BBVA account, which she will then transfer to my BBVA account. The only thing I can think of is to close my Western Union account completely and re-register. But then I might not even be able to send to my daughter.

While I can use Remitly, Xoom, etc, Western Union has the best exchange rate and waives the fee. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Back