Western Union money transfer

I just made a transfer right now - with no code - and there were NO transfer fees.... Anyone else seeing that?

It looks like it is not transferrable. The letter says: "Void if transferred, sold, altered, photocopied, or bartered."
It does work if someone else uses the code. Terms always say that, but it's not enforced.

As soon as you incorporate an Argentine bank in your financial chain, you have created the weak link.
Why because they spy on you? I heard they call you in to explain yourself if you receive more than some paltry amount of foreign transfers in a month.

I just opened a bank account here with my DNI - not you have me worried. Should I be using my passport or DNI when making transfers via western union?

I just opened a bank account here with my DNI - not you have me worried. Should I be using my passport or DNI when making transfers via western union?
I have done the same. I send using my US debit card to my Arg account - also debit card, that is attached to my DNI number. They take out under AR1000 pesos for impuesto pais. I maybe run aroundd K150 a month through it.

I send cash to my US passport only.

So, I just took a little peek at the WU website. They're offering 284.25
But the thing that disappointed me is that the gap between fees for pulling funds from debit card and bank account has narrowed. It's roughly 20 versus 22 dollars on a transfer of 200 dollars. So to save one percentage point, two bucks, you have to accept a delay of 4 business days.
I do seem to recall the difference being a bit more than that, but I CBA to invest the effort needed to dig up actual numbers.

Still whether 10% or 11%, that's a whopping fee. I do recall when standard fees for remittance services were more on the order of 3-4%

I've fou d not a huge difference in delivery from debit card and bank withdrawal options. So little thst I've used both in the past without noticing any difference in the delivery time.

I do agree thst the fees are dumb.

i don't know how your connections are, but from EU the fees are significantly lower.
from EU it's < 100e 1,95 fee
from 100-5000e 3,90 fee

So, I just took a little peek at the WU website. They're offering 284.25
But the thing that disappointed me is that the gap between fees for pulling funds from debit card and bank account has narrowed. It's roughly 20 versus 22 dollars on a transfer of 200 dollars. So to save one percentage point, two bucks, you have to accept a delay of 4 business days.
I do seem to recall the difference being a bit more than that, but I CBA to invest the effort needed to dig up actual numbers.

Still whether 10% or 11%, that's a whopping fee. I do recall when standard fees for remittance services were more on the order of 3-4%
If you have someone else send you up to $1k US dollars, paying in store, the fee is $8 if you receive it in store or your bank account. That's less than 1%. If you only send $200, using that method, the fee is still $8 which is 4%. Consider your options on how to send and receive your transfers to minimize the fees.

Back