Western Union money transfer

Personally, they paid me out 303.5 today (cash pickup) which if we look at street rate for paper dollars, effectively ALMOST zeros out the fee. I think it puts me at like 273 vs 287 bills sold on street. And I can keep my paper dollars on me for safety. Dollar for dollar moneygram is worse for me right now, considerably. Moneygram netting somewhere around 263ish. So overall, all told, I'm happy with code-free WU.
100% agree!

Yes, I don't have other choices either as WU blocked me (can't pick up cash). Personally, I think Moneygram is better for direct bank deposit as the money arrives within a few hours. So far I've sent about 10k using MG and no questions asked. I use debit to a Santander account.

Personally, they paid me out 303.5 today (cash pickup) which if we look at street rate for paper dollars, effectively ALMOST zeros out the fee. I think it puts me at like 273 vs 287 bills sold on street. And I can keep my paper dollars on me for safety. Dollar for dollar moneygram is worse for me right now, considerably. Moneygram netting somewhere around 263ish. So overall, all told, I'm happy with code-free WU.
Depends on your situation. If you need money in a bank account directly moneygram is better. Regardless, it's good to have options for different folks and scenarios.

Sorry if I’m asking a daft question but does Moneygram work similarly to WU? Can I send myself money and withdraw it from a branch in CABA?

I'm using WU for the past few months, with bank transfer on the foreign leg, and transfer to my account here in Argentina. It's slow, takes about a week, but I've had no problems so far, for a fixed EUR 5.90 fee. I can't use a debit card, since it needs some extra card authentication which none of mine have.

Hello all, I will be landing in EZE late on a Friday night and I'll need to pick up some cash from a WU first thing on a Saturday morning somewhere around Palermo Area so either Cordoba / Julian Alvarez or Armenia / Guatemala. What are my chances of getting about 1,500USD in 1,000 bills or is it pot luck? Will I have a better chance at any of the larger WU outlets? Thx

Hello all, I will be landing in EZE late on a Friday night and I'll need to pick up some cash from a WU first thing on a Saturday morning somewhere around Palermo Area so either Cordoba / Julian Alvarez or Armenia / Guatemala. What are my chances of getting about 1,500USD in 1,000 bills or is it pot luck? Will I have a better chance at any of the larger WU outlets? Thx
You get what they have at the time. For 1500 they might not even have enough. Make sure you go to a large branch.

You get what they have at the time. For 1500 they might not even have enough. Make sure you go to a large branch.
Thanks - can you make partial / multiple withdrawals in case one branch doesn't have enough and you go from branch to branch until the full amount is withdrawn? Or do you have to take the full amount in one go? Thanks again

Back