Western Union money transfer

I just sent myself $1000.00. Which location will have that much money? I am staying in San Telmo.

I just sent myself $1000.00. Which location will have that much money? I am staying in San Telmo.

There are many, many WU offices in BsAs, but the two big ones where (in my experience, YMMV) you have the best chance of enough cash being available are -

1) In the downtown area, on the corner of Cordoba and Montevideo, five blocks west of 9 de Julio. Roughly two blocks east of the Callao stop on the D line of the Subte. This place also has two little side offices just around the corner and to the north - one on Monetvideo and one on Paraná.

2) in the Belgrano area, on the corner of Cabildo and La Pampa. Between the Juramento and Jose Hernandez stops on the D line of the Subte.

Good luck!

The closest large Western Union/Pago Fácil office to San Telmo is in calle Peru 139. I do my transfers to my bank account here so I don't know how they are generally stocked for cash, but it is a large facility, not one of the mom-and-pop offices.

Western Union calle Peru, Google Maps

Hi Everyone,

As an FYI, if you can hold off you might want to wait until later this week to transfer funds as the WU exchange rate ($304.75) is lagging quite a bit behind the CCL ~$320. Should see an update (hopefully) within the next 48 hours.

I just processed my first transfer to myself with WU. The rate increased to $313.8100 in the middle of the transaction.

There was no amount deducted for a service fee for a bank account to bank account. Am I in for a surprise?

Last edited:
Western Union raised their rate this afternoon to 313.81

Unfortunately, without any promo code, the transfer rate including fees for a transfer of US$500 minus the fee (at least for me) comes out to:
  • Debit card to bank (5% fee): rate of 298.12, approximately
  • Debit card to pick-up (6.6%): rate of 293.10, approximately
For comparison, you can transfer US$498 + $2 fee with MG, Debit card to bank, for a rate of 305.67,
and you can sell bills at a cueva for 303 (per Ambito right now)

Anyone watching the ccl? 332 now. Has the Massa effect finally worn off?
Since I am unfamiliar with CCL, I was going to ask about it, but instead I did a search and came up with this explanation to share.

The CCL dollar (counted with liquidation) arises from the purchase and sale of bonds and shares that are listed in the local and foreign markets. Unlike the MEP dollar, the purchase is made in pesos and these are sold in the local market in its "C" variant, and these species are later settled in US accounts. Another alternative, more widely used as of 2022, is calculation using Cedears quotes. In this sense, the price is the result of dividing the amount of pesos spent on the purchase of bonds, shares or cedears, by the dollars received when selling them. The period of stay (parking) is two business days. And among the existing restrictions to obtain CCL dollars, if the monthly quota of US$200 was used to obtain tourist dollars, you cannot operate in CCL dollars without 90 days having elapsed, and vice versa.

Back