Western Union money transfer

Is there any company use Blue?
The dollar blue is a highly speculative type of exchange rate. It moves quite a small amount of money daily and it's linked to just a few large moneymakers in the City that oftentimes have their own agenda at setting up the daily rate. CCL/MEP are much better proxies for the value of the dollar even though these rates are also quite volatile at times, and also subject to manipulation by some players, but certainly a much better indicator than the blue rate.

If WU tracks the Dolar CCL, can anyone explain why WU went up today (from 446 to 452.32) when the Dolar CCL went down to 427.27 (as per Ambito)?

I also noticed that the Dolar CCL closed yesterday at 459, but seemed to open today around 430. Never seen that before.

If WU tracks the Dolar CCL, can anyone explain why WU went up today (from 446 to 452.32) when the Dolar CCL went down to 427.27 (as per Ambito)?

I also noticed that the Dolar CCL closed yesterday at 459, but seemed to open today around 430. Never seen that before.

Why? Because Argentina.

WU (like other products) uses “dolar cable” - its also a bond trading move but in one direction from outside Argentina to Argentina - its typically follows close to the CCL (generally, bond trading from Argentina to outside) and MEP (bond trading within Argentina), and although similar it’s not the same thing so distortions can and do happen, especially when the government is focused on restricting the outward flow of dollars by making life harder for local CCL operators by playing with the “parking” rules etc.

Just wanted to do another wu transfer but seeing they are rising the fee..
Before it was around €3,50 for a transfer of €250 with my European account but now its €7,50.. so basically more then double. Gues it will becomes time to start using other options.

Just wanted to do another wu transfer but seeing they are rising the fee..
Before it was around €3,50 for a transfer of €250 with my European account but now its €7,50.. so basically more then double. Gues it will becomes time to start using other options.
You're still getting a much better rate than some. WU charges me $22 to transfer $200, so 11%

Yes i know. But did they only change the fee rate for European accounts or did your rate also went up?

Still to increase the rate by 2x is quiet extreme..

Back