Western Union money transfer

725.50 today
Lets see if I time the market right for this week. 725.50 WU
Dollar Blue has dipped on many sites to 710 and 715, Ambito, Dollar Blue.net and Cuex.
I am sure I can spend it all in one day to get one day of a financial advantage. (pay bills, buy food, durables and such) LOL
The difference should cover a great portion of the fee ... ooohhh ... and I get points.

Yikes. I was going to send a Western Union today but the rate is only 588 to $1 US while the blue rate is 690. Does it usually take a few days for them to catch up with the big currency moves? Usually it's pretty close to the exchange rate.
It is interesting, to me, that here on Saturday night that the relationship between the blue dollar and W.U converstion is back to it's tradtional level.

It is interesting, to me, that here on Saturday night that the relationship between the blue dollar and W.U converstion is back to it's tradtional level.
Yeah I just think beyond that initial shock the day after the elections, things have settled. I actually find sometimes the Western Union rate is even higher than the posted blue rate. Doesn't last that long but for a while WU was ripping people off a few days after the election with really poor rates.

NEVER speak afoul of WU and their conversion rates...that might be bad luck

Meanwhile, in the secret Western Union compound, deep within the catacombs beneath Buenos Aires...

Round about the cauldron go; In the poison’d entrails throw.
Toad, that under cold stone, Days and nights has thirty-one
Swelter’d venom sleeping got, Boil thou first i’ the charmed pot.
Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.
Fillet of a fenny snake, In the cauldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt and toe of frog, Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
Adder’s fork and blind-worm’s sting, Lizard’s leg and owlet’s wing,
For a charm of powerful trouble, Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

Meanwhile, in the secret Western Union compound, deep within the catacombs beneath Buenos Aires...

Round about the cauldron go; In the poison’d entrails throw.
Toad, that under cold stone, Days and nights has thirty-one
Swelter’d venom sleeping got, Boil thou first i’ the charmed pot.
Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.
Fillet of a fenny snake, In the cauldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt and toe of frog, Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
Adder’s fork and blind-worm’s sting, Lizard’s leg and owlet’s wing,
For a charm of powerful trouble, Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
Dogs' tongues and Lizards' legs sound positively scientific. The details are a bit hazy now, but I believe that several years ago the parallel Dollar exchange rate in Venezuela was determined by a Home Depot employee in Alabama based on Instagram comments.

My post is tongue in cheek, but these parallel / blue / black markets are very susceptible to manipulation, generally in ways not compatible with exchange rate stability. Witness the blue Dollar rate last week, overshooting by about 100 pesos before coming part way down to Earth again.

Hey everyone! I’ve been using Remitly for the last year, because it’s incredibly fast when sending from debit card to mu argie bank account, but we ran into the issue below, seems like there’s an annual limit of 2 million pesos per year 🫠
Does anyone know if WU has this same limit? Or has someone experienced something similar?
IMG_8854.jpeg

What is moneygram and xoom like? Are these good alternatives?

I also stopped using WU because the promocodes died..

Back