Western Union money transfer

Sometimes.. you get lucky and you have those rare days;

A picture says more than a 1000 words :cool:
That's awesome. I rarely got the 2,000 peso bills but hopefully now more will be in circulation. It was pretty horrible going out to eat with my family and friends and having to pull out a huge wad of cash. I've never believed in man purses but I had to get one because of Argentina!

I was at the WU office this morning, one of the little side offices that are connected by passages to the big office on Cordoba, and they had nothing but 1000 peso notes. First the lady asked me if I had change to bring it up to a round 1000, and when I didn't she asked if she could put the other 700-and-some on my Sube card. I readily agreed, of course. I had to shake my head and chuckle, but it was a clever solution.

The lack of change is getting worse week by week, and what few small bills are in circulation are growing really dog-eared. Bills that a merchant would have rejected out of hand 3 years ago, they will now accept and tape back together.

Argentina, my dear, I love you, but...you really need to get your shit together.

I was at the WU office this morning, one of the little side offices that are connected by passages to the big office on Cordoba, and they had nothing but 1000 peso notes. First the lady asked me if I had change to bring it up to a round 1000, and when I didn't she asked if she could put the other 700-and-some on my Sube card. I readily agreed, of course. I had to shake my head and chuckle, but it was a clever solution.

The lack of change is getting worse week by week, and what few small bills are in circulation are growing really dog-eared. Bills that a merchant would have rejected out of hand 3 years ago, they will now accept and tape back together.

Argentina, my dear, I love you, but...you really need to get your shit together.
Perfect illustration of what dollarization will be like :rolleyes:

£500 WU transfer and pick-up now incurring £17.50 fees...
Big jump from what used to be a flat £6 fee no matter how much you sent

Just wanted to confirm that I did two WU bank to bank transfers recently, sent one Friday around noon and another on Monday morning, and I received both in my bank account Monday EOD. I had never received same day WU bank to bank previously so that's a plus now that Moneygram seems to be a no-go .

£500 WU transfer and pick-up now incurring £17.50 fees...
Big jump from what used to be a flat £6 fee no matter how much you sent
Count yourself lucky. They charge me 21.99 USD to transfer 200 USD, paying with debit card and cash pickup.
11% is a damn steep fee, in my opinion.

One of the odd things about WU is the seemingly arbitrary manner in which they charge some customers according to one fee schedule, and other customers according to a different fee schedule, even though the transactions are seemingly identical. We have noted this in this thread several times over the last few years, but nobody has an explanation.

One of the odd things about WU is the seemingly arbitrary manner in which they charge some customers according to one fee schedule, and other customers according to a different fee schedule, even though the transactions are seemingly identical. We have noted this in this thread several times over the last few years, but nobody has an explanation.
Not only different customers, but also just the difference between app and website can be massive as well. I've seen the site show me a $26.99 fee while logged in and the app show me $5.99 for the same amount

Back