western union transfer to unsupported bank (wilobank)

Another option?
On 19 January: amount to Send USD....100.00
Rate 143.1150....first transfer free
To Bank Deposit or Cash Pick-up....Fee 3.99 USD
Beneficiary will receive 14,311.50 ARS

On January 19: WU: 1.00 USD = 147.2400 Argentine Peso (ARS) 2

looks interesting but need to be careful -- they do not work with residents of all states.
California works. Washington state does not.
If you try wrong state, your email address is wasted -- need another email to try another state.
Thanks for the heads up. I was not aware that they don't work with all states. The origin of my funds is CA. This site is my 3rd option after WU.
I used it once last year for test purposes. Transaction went through without a hitch for cash pickup. The agent in CABA is Argenper. There is a branch nearby where I live so it's convenient as well.

What i used to do: i went to the WU in Peru / Av de Mayo, and instead of retrieving all the cash in hand i gave them the Mercado Pago number of my wife and deposited money from there. However: the last couple of times i indeed had a problem in doing that (it might might be that i exceeded the 50k limit, i didnt know about that).
The funny thing is: when i went to smaller WU branched in microcentro i could deposit 50k in one of them. So it might be that this limit only applies per branch? (Or that their system is somehow limited?) So technically you could retrieve large peso amounts in Peru, and then go to the WU branches and deposit in MP accounts (Peru is - as far as i know - the only branch where you can retrieve large amounts in cash).
Where in the US can get deposits from MercadoPago? Just WU, MG? Or also payment services like PayPal?

There is an option to redirect your cash transfer to a bank account.

It didn't work out for me, but may be you will have better luck :). They do reply to emails, but after two weeks waiting for an approval I just went to the central WU office and received cash.
Where can I find a list of US banks that accept transfers from MercadoPago? What about payment services like PayPal, Zelle, etc?

Hello Everyone!

Does anyone have a digital account with Santander Rio or Banco ITAÚ that they use successfully for Western Union transfers? (Bank Account to Bank Account)

I'm thinking of opening one, but have heard nightmare stories about ITAÚ from Argentine friends.

Thanks!

Hello Everyone!

Does anyone have a digital account with Santander Rio or Banco ITAÚ that they use successfully for Western Union transfers? (Bank Account to Bank Account)

I'm thinking of opening one, but have heard nightmare stories about ITAÚ from Argentine friends.

Thanks!
Yes. Itaú works. I had problems registering a SantanderRio CBU on WU website - it always came back with an error message.
Itaú is not soooo bad for a bank in Argentina. You also get many discounts at restaurants, shops and supermarkets when using your debit card.

Yes. Itaú works. I had problems registering a SantanderRio CBU on WU website - it always came back with an error message.
Itaú is not soooo bad for a bank in Argentina. You also get many discounts at restaurants, shops and supermarkets when using your debit card.
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply! Really appreciate. Bendiciones!

Hello Everyone!

Thanks!
Itau is a good bank. Decent customer service over twitter or whatsapp. Free checking account, and decent discounts. I am a happy customer.
There homebanking and the app are not great but good enough.
Use it with WU with no issues.

I have another question. For those who opened accounts with Itau, do you all have jobs here in Argentina or no? I don't. I am paid in the US. I went in to a branch the other day and they were telling me that I needed to show a receipt of funds received and something that shows I will be staying in the country. Did you all have to do this?

Back