What´s Normal For A B Aires Real Estate Agent?

PaulBee

Registered
I´m seeing real estate agents acting in a way that seems strange to me,
when trying to rent out properties. IE: An agent trying to rent
a large property in a very, very prominent location, who keeps promising to put
up a sign any day, but only does so after a month of badgering.

An agent who talks about putting a rental property on the MLS (in
Buenos Aires, of course, they call them SOM or CUCICBA), but after weeks, is
not getting around to it.

There also seem to be many agents who don´t get around to answering
email messages from either potential renters or the property owner.

Are these agents being derelict in their duties or are my expectations
of agents too high, by Buenos Aires standards ?

Can only speak from a renter's point of view: I had one agency which actually provided a good customer experience, the other ones were just horrible in terms of quality - typically not even capable of reading an email/answering simple questions.

Can only speak from a renter's point of view: I had one agency which actually provided a good customer experience, the other ones were just horrible in terms of quality - typically not even capable of reading an email/answering simple questions.
Thanks, Thorsten. I´d love to know the name of the good company if you don´t mind sharing, thanks.

I don't remember the name right now, it was a smaller company located in Palermo Hollywood. I'll try to find an old invoice to look it up.

Hi,

If its for a temporary rental we've worked with RentInBa - rentinba.com and they are generally really efficient and helpful and have contacts with many of the big foreign companies.

If its a standard 2 year rental you need to indicate which neighbourhood as its preferable to deal with a "local" realtor as the previous poster said, efficiency and responsiveness are key, you may even want to spoof being a client to see how they treat you (send them emails and phone up their sales staff).

Full disclosure: I work for the mls enbuenosaires

I´m wanting a standard long term rental. I´m not far from Plaza de Mayo and used a
neighbourhood established agency. I later spoofed being a potential renter and found
they don´t answer all emails. I suppose they do business mainly by phone, which isn´t ideal
for clients emailing from abroad, Sigh...

Hi,

If its for a temporary rental we've worked with RentInBa - rentinba.com and they are generally really efficient and helpful and have contacts with many of the big foreign companies.

If its a standard 2 year rental you need to indicate which neighbourhood as its preferable to deal with a "local" realtor as the previous poster said, efficiency and responsiveness are key, you may even want to spoof being a client to see how they treat you (send them emails and phone up their sales staff).

Full disclosure: I work for the mls enbuenosaires

Thanks for your feedback Sebas ! Are you saying RentInBa is good from a renter´s or from a landlord´s point of view ?

6 months ago I was looking for a long term rental and went through six agents/agencies and experienced everything you listed above and more! I found one agent who works with Remax here who is actually very very good. If you want her contact info, please PM me.

BTW, she contacted any agency that had something that might fit my criteria. Some of those agencies would refuse to pay her a fee or share the commission. I told her if she found something with that situation, I would compensate her.

Hi PaulBee

Regards RentInBA, both, I've rented from them in the past and they were very straight forward in terms of return of deposit and handling some queries I had about the place I rented.

I've also met the owner (of the business) several times and also some the people who work there.

Hope this helps

I suppose it might be good, when signing a contract to list a property, to add a clause saying the agency will post a sign and list the property on SOM or CUCICBA within so many days.

Back