What Are The Most Tiresome Post Types?

Tiresome Post Types?

• My iPhone has been stolen

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Where can I buy maple syrup (kale, etc)

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • What is the cost of living in BA

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • American political rants

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Joe's polls

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Ajo's "soccer is boring" posts

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wonder how threads can be boring and tedious ... if you don't like the topic why are you reading the thread?
Many times threads get hijacked - this is especially common with USA political rants. So you can't tell from the thread title what the content is. And of course the infamous Ajo "I hate soccer" post can appear anywhere - even in a womens forum thread on tampons.

I always wonder how threads can be boring and tedious ... if you don't like the topic why are you reading the thread?

I'll second this. This is an (almost) open forum. My "skip over this" mental key still works. So does the ignore function on the forum. If you go to a party and someone is annoying just move your seat.

Many times threads get hijacked - this is especially common with USA political rants. So you can't tell from the thread title what the content is. And of course the infamous Ajo "I hate soccer" post can appear anywhere - even in a womens forum thread on tampons.
Perhaps there is a correlation between Soccer and Tampons. We need to appoint a research fellow.

I'll second this. This is an (almost) open forum. My "skip over this" mental key still works. So does the ignore function on the forum. If you go to a party and someone is annoying just move your seat.
Seems like you feel the most tiresome posts are those that ask what are the most tiresome posts.

Perhaps there is a correlation between Soccer and Tampons. We need to appoint a research fellow.

Somewhere at the University of Palo Alto, CA, there already is a bunch of researchers at work on the subject.

My vote: Ajo's rants and US politics. In one word: US centrism of the forum!

Reactions: Joe
Somewhere at the University of Palo Alto, CA (I think Ron meant Stanford here), there already is a bunch of researchers at work on the subject.

My vote: Ajo's rants and US politics. In one word: US centrism of the forum!
Right now it's a horse race between Ajo's OCD soccer posts and USA political rants. Running neck to neck for infamy.

Which will win this ignoble title of most tiresome post type?

Right now it's a horse race between Ajo's OCD soccer posts and USA political rants. Which will win this ignoble title of most tiresome post type?
I say USA poltical rants. They are like a plague.

Reactions: Joe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back