What are the regulations in Exporting Money from Argentina?

Si!

I heard that it is recommended to to have a Bank Account in ARG and then wire the money from there. My back is a Credit Union but it is able to receive funds from

In Cordoba I have ReMax Real Estate selling my home. They stated that all will be properly declared as as true funds are concerned. AFIP should be satisfied with this process.

I am a nervous wreck guys. Argentina is inducing stomach pains and anxiety because everything there is so uncertain. Though I am very fluent in Spanish, that means SQUAT. I have not been there since 1982. Just before La Guerra de Las Malvinas. Total outsider.

If you still have any relatives in Cordoba, it might not be a bad idea to ask for some help. As long as you can justify the money, doing a bank to bank transfer should be the safest way to go ( here and in the US ). If you need to open a bank account in Arg, you might want to try banco Galicia, Santander Rio or Frances ( open a savings account in pesos and dollars ). These banks are good when dealing with foreign transactions with individuals.

Having a reputable realtor is important. But in ARG, the realtor has no fiduciary responsibility to the seller or buyer. You need a trustworthy escribano (real estate attorney). He is the key player who does the actual research on the validity of the current property title, leans, unpaid tax bills, etc. and does the paperwork to execute the transfer of title to the new owner.

When I bought my property the local seller insisted that we utilize her escribano.....para ahorrar costos. I stood firm that the seller and I both use MY escribano (a family friend) and that we split the fee....or there was no purchase agreement.

The escribano may also have suggestions on different alternatives to handle the transfer of the funds to your account in the US.

Best wishes, TonyDiaz. Please let us know how the events unfold.

If you still have any relatives in Cordoba, it might not be a bad idea to ask for some help. As long as you can justify the money, doing a bank to bank transfer should be the safest way to go ( here and in the US ). If you need to open a bank account in Arg, you might want to try banco Galicia, Santander Rio or Frances ( open a savings account in pesos and dollars ). These banks are good when dealing with foreign transactions with individuals.

Yes! ReMax in Cordoba is using Rio Santander for the Funds transfer; meaning that, while in CBA, we make a deposit into a new account (for me), and from there, they will xfer the funds to the US. That is plan :)

Yes! ReMax in Cordoba is using Rio Santander for the Funds transfer; meaning that, while in CBA, we make a deposit into a new account (for me), and from there, they will xfer the funds to the US. That is plan :)
Sounds like it will go smoothly. best of luck!

Just wire the funds to your US bank. No big deal. It's simple and easy. I've done it several times.

Back