What are they thinking?

jeff1234

Registered
I was walking my dog in La Plata a few days ago when I noticed a man ahead of me taking food out of a white plastic bag and eating it.
He finished, closed the bag and dropped it on the sidewalk, about 10 feet before he walked past a public trash container.
It would have been just as easy to drop it into the container as he walked past.
Does he (and others like him) prefer a city littered with garbage?
I dont get it.

Absolutely normal here.

jeff1234 said:
Does he (and others like him) prefer a city littered with garbage?

It certainly appears that way. I'm in a battle to teach my 4 year old to not throw every bit of litter on the floor - not easy when he sees everyone else doing it.

:-/

PS. Get ready for the idiot brigade to show you a picture of a candy wrapper on a sidewalk in NYC to let you know it's exactly the same everywhere else in the world!

Years ago, in the states there was a commercial, where an American Indian Chief was looking over mother earth, saw the past and then the present melted into the picture as he saw all the garbage in the streets and in the land. Tears started streaming from his eyes. My 3 year old son was so impressed by the commercial that everytime he saw someone throw something way he told us that that man will make the Indian cry, daddy. and in some cases ran up to the perp and said the same thing.

My favorite is when you get your hopes up when people pick up their dog poop.....

And then proceed to throw the bag onto the ground/into the street. Its incredible how many times I've seen this.

Rudy Gulliani showed us that the way people treat their streets is connected to how they treat each other.

I lived most of my life in NYC. There was (and still is) more trash on its streets than any other American City that I can think of. I cant explain it, lots of workers picking up trash, just never getting the streets clean. Maybe because there are so many tourists and nite clubblers on the streets. But its kinda rare to see someone just toss trash on the street or not pick up after a dog.

Back