What book are you currently reading?

Dick Francis, "Straight". My mother bought me" To the hilt" before she died and now I am hooked, I have read dozens of them.

I just finished Empire Falls by Richard Russo (in English) and Bodas de Sangre (in Spanish.) I'm now reading The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck in English and El Autoritarismo y La Improductividad by José Ignacio García Hamilton in Spanish.

I would also love to participate in a book exchange! I brought a pretty decent collection with me, but will certainly have exhausted my supply by the end of the summer.

My last book was Paul Carter's "Dont tell my mom I work on the oil rig, she thinks Im a piano player in a whorehouse"..

I just read the new Thomas Pynchon book,
Inherent Vice.
Didnt wow me though- it was no Gravity's Rainbow.

I am rereading
Buenos Aires Arte Noveau,
and
Produccion y Trabajo En La Argentina,

both books with lots of pictures of turn of the century Buenos Aires, and interesting oral history of many early european immigrants.

Fits into my interest on the ways the "America" in Argentina differs from, and is similar to, the "America" that similar mostly southern european immigrants built in the USA at the same time. In el norte, there were also lots of germans, scandinavians, and irish, which changed the mix considerably.

I am reading Widow for One Year by John Irving. It recommend it. I have enjoyed all of John Irving´s books that I have read, The World Acording to Garp, The Hotel New Hampshire, The Cider House Rules, A Prayer for Owen Meany, and A Son of the Circus

I just finished "The Big Short" by Michael Lewis. I'm so mad yet intrigued by the US economy meltdown in 2008 that I channel my anger by trying to understand how it happened. I loved that book.

I just started Freakonomics. I'm not so thrilled with it. It goes a little too far explaining its conclusions. The conclusions are interesting but the explanations drag on. Not sure I'm going to be able to finish it.

The girl who kicked the hornet's nest by Stieg Larsson from the Millennium III in English & Que el vasto mundo siga girando de Colum McCann en Espa;ol. I do a kind of book zapping.

Maru said:
The girl who kicked the hornet's nest by Stieg Larsson

Please, please, please! I want that. Can I borrow, trade or buy it?

Mini...I'm reading it atm!Do you have the other two?I'm finished with them and I have them in english as well...wd u b interested?

Maru said:
Mini...I'm reading it atm!Do you have the other two?I'm finished with them and I have them in english as well...wd u b interested?

No. I haven't read any of them yet. & Yes, I'm interested! When I heard about them & the author a few months ago I was going to ask here if anyone had them. Then I thought it was such a long shot that I didn't. I'd love to read them. I can trade or buy or just borrow if you want them back.
I'll send you my contact info via PM.

Back