What book are you currently reading?

Sunnyside, by Glen David Gold. I've been so distracted with settling into Buenos Aires and whatnot that I'm reading it very slowly - I'd just started it when I got out here - but I'm now within spitting distance of the end and I don't want to be.

I was up until nearly 5 a few nights ago reading about Charlie Chaplin's life on the internet, for a bit of background to it. It's bloody brilliant.

I'm just finishing The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson... Soooo gooodd!! :D

Just finished North and South by elisabeth Gaskel; how I enjoyed that!!!

araucarialanguages said:
for the 3 rd time..el extranjero from Camus..i guess it's called " the foreigner"
I think that it's called "The Stranger". As in The Cure's song "Killing An Arab"-

Standing on the beach
With a gun in my hand
Staring at the sea
Staring at the sand
Staring down the barrel
At the arab on the ground
I can see his open mouth
But I hear no sound

I'm alive
I'm dead
I'm the stranger
Killing an arab

I finally finished "The Lost Symbol". It wasn't that great. Similar cat-and-mouse cliff hanger action, only without much suspense. Maybe it's because I picked it up and put it down so many times over the last few months, but I just was wanting it to end.

Now it's time to find something new. (Or write my own.)

First love and other tales..turgenev......the life and times of siegmund warburg...niall ferguson....

Hotel New Hampshire by Irving (though am not sure if I like it), and Notes of a Dirty Old Man (can only read a few stories at a time) by Bukowski. Old books I brought back with me on my last trip to the States. Yay for book stash. When I'm not feeling lazy I'll dig back into my Spanish books... Marquez in his native language is a bitch to read! But so beautiful.

Back