What do pedestrian crossings mean in CABA?

It’s a thing in CABA too: https://www.infobae.com/sociedad/20...l-celular-y-el-cinturon-de-seguridad-en-caba/

I doubt very much that it’s AI, and when I was living in Europe I’m fairly certain the photo check was manual.

In CABA at least they do fine you, last November my son made a partial incursion in u car into a zebra crossing (it wasn’t me, I was in hospital at the time , thank you so much son for this memento of your visit) and the fine arrived by email.

That was the last of the efficiency though, as CABA had forgotten my registration with their stupid webpage (AGIP I think) and since I’ve since changed DNI numbers there was no easy way to correct this. After a bunch of painful WhatsApp sessions I was able to be a Pagofacil code to pay the damn fine.
Ideally they will continue to make it more efficient, to make it safer for pedestrians at crosswalks and to minimize automobile and bicycle accidents in urban areas.

Surely the black and white markings on the crossings are just so that, whatever colour clothes you are wearing, the motorist can target you clearly?

Seriously though, I wonder if some of you are living in a different Buenos Aires from me? Out here in Comuna 11 I could sometimes think I am back in Canada with the way motorists give way to me as a pedestrian and very often they even anticipate that I might want to cross the road and wait for me.

Back