What do you spend a month in Argentina?

Per an internet search
The average salary in BA is probably about 1,500 pesos a month.
5X that is 7500 ARS or 2500 USD
I have yet to live there but it seems about right to me.

I assume that you include (in your 5 x the average salary figure) the rental of an apartment which costs between USD$600-$1000. Is that right?

"chris" said:
I assume that you include (in your 5 x the average salary figure) the rental of an apartment which costs between USD$600-$1000. Is that right?
Offcourse, plane tickets as well and I actually should include (Dutch) health-care as well, but that I don´t pay myself.
My euro´s are going a bit further, so I probally spend a bit more then somebody else in the same situation from the US

Bill

To live in BsAs on a basic level cost me about 700 pesos a month but that doesn't include "entertainment", which will boost it up to 1000 a month.
This was by living at a Hostel paying a monthly rate, cooking my own food, washing my own clothes and using public transit. It was a nice place with internet, TV and all of that included. A great way to meet other travelers and I would also live in different parts of the city for a month at a time.
Living outside of BsAs isn't that much cheaper, which was a surprise. It's actually more expensive in the south of Argentina or especially, in heavy tourist areas.
If I'm travelling within Argentina, then my monthly spending is at least double.

The cost of living is a good deal cheaper in the more distant barrios of the city, i.e. away from the fashionable parts of town - Recoleta, Barrio Norte and parts of Palermo. Foreigners are seldom ever seen in these areas. Small towns in the Province of Buenos Aires are also a lot cheaper.