what does the "expat community" think about the Bicentenario?

cricri58

Registered
The debate is on...check La Nacion of yesterday (article from Bergman)

Hey, it's 200 years....what's not to celebrate!

That article on the other hand, isn't really about celebrating it or not - it's a critique of Argentina's political history and incumbent government. Very, very interesting and extremely well written though.

Well, I think that the important issue of responsibility of citizens is one for Argentineans to answer for themselves, there are no easy answers. I think expats can make observations, but I do not think it is our place to "join the debate".

mendozanow said:
Well, I think that the important issue of responsibility of citizens is one for Argentineans to answer for themselves, there are no easy answers. I think expats can make observations, but I do not think it is our place to "join the debate".

Well, to be fair on the original poster, s/he did address the issue specifically to the "expat community".....and this is an expats forum after all!

No harm in us debating amongst ourselves.*

;-)

* Sheesh....if only that were actually true eh?

AlexfromLA said:
200 years is a good reason to party.

and good time that military will show their force to bad goverment like "we are here and we can do same as before .... (197* / Peron)" to control you.

LOL

You must be great at parties.

Or not. :|

schef4711 said:
and good time that military will show their force to bad goverment like "we are here and we can do same as before .... (197* / Peron)" to control you.

schef4711 said:

I hope and pray you are a minority, God forbid we return to Anarchy and killing people just because they disagree with us.

The military should be the servant of the people, not their masters.

I hope they have hotdogs and fireworks!!! When we had our bicentenial we had hotdogs and fireworks

Back