What happened to John Cobin .... US citizen arrested in Chile

I must concede both flags look Very much alike...! Some of us may be unfamiliar with the Texas legal tricks..!

So the dude gets stopped by at least 4 and they demanded he danced?wtf and he had a legal carry permit? how is that a crime
When outnumbered the only equalizer is the gun, pure and simple

Did they threaten his life? As I recall, he deliberately went into the protest area. If that's correct, this could have been factored into the verdict. The irony is that Corbin renounced his US citizenship in favor of becoming Chilean apparently thinking that he'd be living under an ultra conservative government.

Did they threaten his life? As I recall, he deliberately went into the protest area. If that's correct, this could have been factored into the verdict. The irony is that Corbin renounced his US citizenship in favor of becoming Chilean apparently thinking that he'd be living under an ultra conservative government.

You insist .. "Cobin went out of his way Armed to confront the protesters" ... ? you have more info than most of us.. Well he will not serve 11 years IMHO for good conduct et. al. he may serve 2 1/2 and then be under house arrest for another 2...! if that much.

It doesn't concern Argentina so may bo closed

From the video I don't see what was stopping him from just driving through the protest versus getting out of his car and shooting at people. In the video it looks like he's aiming at a protestor when he shoots, not just firing shots into the air. Even if you have a legal right to carry a gun, you can't just use it as you see fit. It appears that the court agreed that his life was not in danger.

The guy sounded like a whack job...still obsessed with the South succeeding from the North, a Pinochet admirer, beat his wife. A hateful, violent man was removed from society. Good.

You insist .. "Cobin went out of his way Armed to confront the protesters" ... ? you have more info than most of us.. Well he will not serve 11 years IMHO for good conduct et. al. he may serve 2 1/2 and then be under house arrest for another 2...! if that much.

It doesn't concern Argentina so may bo closed

I said that is what I recall reading but maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, the sentence has been handed down.

Back