What happened to Yanqui Mike?

Oh my. I remember him well from back in the day, he was one of the first expats here. Thank you for letting us know. QDP.

So sorry to hear. He was here since forever :( I remember reading his blog, never met him in person though. RIP Mike.

He was not one of the first expats. There were quite a few here during Menem or before. Sadly he went on the attack, totally unjustified, against this website, making vicious comments about several members in his blog.

He was not one of the first expats. There were quite a few here during Menem or before. Sadly he went on the attack, totally unjustified, against this website, making vicious comments about several members in his blog.

Chris,

As the resident Latin-Greek nerd here, I want to observe:

De mortuis nil nisi bonum

Which basically means, "of the dead, say nothing but good things."

This is ancient wisdom that has guided civilization for two and a half millenia. Variations of this wisdom are found in other, even older, traditions as well.

I think the golden rule applies to all interactions: after you die, do you want people who you warred with on an internet forum to start insulting you? No. Let him rest in peace.

(Of course, I'm not saying I agreed with him or his attitudes; he and I disagreed on a lot. Rather, I'm making an appeal to bipartisanship. Whether you agreed with his wars or not -- I think he deserves this respect, in his final resting place. And you will, too.)

Feeling morbid contemplating the shortness of life,
Morgan

MorganF:
You're right.The man is dead RIP.
Like the Argies say,"Hoy estamos,mañana quien sabe?". "Today we're here.Tomorrow who knows?".
Chris is also right he was not one of the first expats
.I've been here since 1979 and there others even longer but they don't post on this website.

MorganF:
You're right.The man is dead RIP.
Like the Argies say,"Hoy estamos,mañana quien sabe?". "Today we're here.Tomorrow who knows?".
Chris is also right he was not one of the first expats
.I've been here since 1979 and there others even longer but they don't post on this website.
Wow since 1979, I assume nothing surprises you anymore :D

I can't read the facebook notice it does seem that Mike was quite young

Back