What Is Exactly Mercado Libre?

jago25_98 said:
Mostly it's a cash on delivery or go and collect. Nothing like the ebay remote send you might be used to. I've tried to pay via Mercadopago and get them to send it and I've never managed to get anyone to do it.

If you ever want to buy Argentine art check out my listings. I ship free throughout Argentina...and my prices are competitive for artworks by the same artists offered by other vendors.

jago25_98 said:
Also the reputation system doesn't work properly. Sellers do what they can to build rep but all the time people with no rep click buy and then don't collect leaving the seller to pick up the bill.

If the buyer doesn't pay for the item the seller does not have to pay a commission, but they will still have to pay the listing fee if they choose a "premium" listing (free listing is available but the rate of the commission is higher).

jago25_98 said:
You only get the sellers contact details after you click buy so you only have a rough idea of where they will be; i.e. cap federal.

Many sellers (like me) include the exact location (barrio: Recoleta, Belgrano, etc. or the city: Punta Alta, La Plata, Rosario, etc.).

I've been buying and selling on ML for over six years and although the system isn't perfect, I've sold one hell of a lot of computer stuff, particularly when it's quiet in the shop.
I've now become very careful who I sell to though. You can check someone's reputation before selling in order to prevent time wasting.
I now only sell to those with five points or more.

I use it all the time.

I bought my car on mercadolibre, and an electronic drumkit, mention these two only cos they were very costly. I have had no problems with it.
I bought tens of other things, never had a problem.

It's a good idea to look at the reputation of the seller. I try to avoid those with a bad reputation, and you should too.

I know this is an old topic but i am interested in selling thing on mercado libre. my questions are

1. do you need a dni to sell things
2. do you need an Argentine bank account
3. how do you pay the commission to mercardo libre.

Thanks for your help!

I'm wondering if people here use craigslist? That was my go-to back in the states for things like concert tickets and other things like that, but I'm not sure how much it's used here.

I'm wondering if people here use craigslist? That was my go-to back in the states for things like concert tickets and other things like that, but I'm not sure how much it's used here.
Very little, mainly expats and people catering to expats.

I know this is an old topic but i am interested in selling thing on mercado libre. my questions are

1. do you need a dni to sell things
2. do you need an Argentine bank account
3. how do you pay the commission to mercardo libre.

Thanks for your help!

You need a DNI, you do not need a bank account. You can pay for their commissions with Rapipago or PagoFacil.

Be careful when selling something to be very wary of offers to pay in USD- check the buyer's reputation, if he has any reviews, and for how long his account has been open. I and several others have been paid with counterfeit bills!! --those f***ers. :angry:

I second that, Lucha.
Whilst I've sold yet more stuff on ML since the original post here last year, there are still the same unscrupulous individuals out there.
You just need to keep your radar finely tuned.

Back