What Is Exactly Mercado Libre?

I'd say it's like a mix of eBay and Kijiji, which I think was actually bought by eBay.

I'm going to make an account on there soon as there is stuff I'd like to buy for my new apartment.
The only thing I miss really about American CL is the "free" section (for the laughs and for the stuff that I could use
that someone just doesn't have a use for anymore).

My friend was saying to just look on ML using <10 ARS to find the free stuff, but is there another site that has
stuff that is like CL's free section?

Also, if anyone has stuff like old (not broken) tables/lamps/shelves/desk/chairs that are taking up
space I'd happily liberate them of said nuisances hands for you

I'd say it's like a mix of eBay and Kijiji, which I think was actually bought by eBay.

I'm going to make an account on there soon as there is stuff I'd like to buy for my new apartment.
The only thing I miss really about American CL is the "free" section (for the laughs and for the stuff that I could use
that someone just doesn't have a use for anymore).

My friend was saying to just look on ML using <10 ARS to find the free stuff, but is there another site that has
stuff that is like CL's free section?

Also, if anyone has stuff like old (not broken) tables/lamps/shelves/desk/chairs that are taking up
space I'd happily liberate them of said nuisances hands for you
For free stuff you join the local Freeclycle ;)

If you want free stuff, try going to a car boot sale or feria de baul/Americana.
We set up about five or six a year and are doing one this Sunday at the Don Bosco school, San Isidro.
Whilst the stuff isn't exactly free, it's as close as you can get to giving stuff away.
The advantage also is that it's all in one place.
We've sold stuff/junk at boot sales that we wouldn't have had a cat's chance of selling on ML.

For free stuff you join the local Freeclycle ;)

I just looked into Freecycle yesterday to see if they had a BA section (I used to use it a lot when I lived in Canada both to get free stuff and to give unwanted stuff to people in need) and I saw that for BA they only have a Yahoo group which I think you need a Yahoo email account to use? Also it said there were 5 members... or 12 I can't remember, but can anyone who's in that group say if there is actual substantial trading of stuff going on?

When people deliver things to you through mercardo libre. do they usually charge you a delivery fee?

When people deliver things to you through mercardo libre. do they usually charge you a delivery fee?
Yes, sellers usually use bikers services and charge between 35 - 50 pesos within the city.

I just looked into Freecycle yesterday to see if they had a BA section (I used to use it a lot when I lived in Canada both to get free stuff and to give unwanted stuff to people in need) and I saw that for BA they only have a Yahoo group which I think you need a Yahoo email account to use? Also it said there were 5 members... or 12 I can't remember, but can anyone who's in that group say if there is actual substantial trading of stuff going on?

I think you got the wrong group. This is the local one http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FreecycleBA/info I get messages almost every day and it is pretty active. You need to join Yahoo groups but you canuse any email address that you want.

Back