What is wrong with these people!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My reference to the film premiere was purely anecdotal, in the sense that I had read the hype yesterday and hoped one day to see the film.
Wake up next day to this unbelievable news, but you have to say that the shootings bear no relation whatsoever to the film.
Let's get that quite clear. shall we?
This lone gunman 'syndrome' goes much deeper than that.

I can see my statements untill now was totally wrong: The gunman was in NO WAY inspired by any film, Playstation games or anything close to it!
Come on......wake up!

TERKILD said:
The gunman was in NO WAY inspired by any film, Playstation games or anything close to it.

Neither was Jack the Ripper or any mass murderer long before movies , television, or video games...including Hitler, Stalin, Nero, Mao, Paul Pot, et.al.

Come on, wake up...indeed.

While I know that movies existed before most of the dictators mentioned above came to power, I seriously doubt that any of them were inspired or motivated by watching one.

I watched a lot of western moves and TV programs in my youth.

I even played "cowboys and indians" as a result.

I have yet to kill or shoot (either) one.

I also have watched a lot of war movies.

I have yet to start one.

Its all about violent video games!11!1!!!11 wont someone think of the children!1!!!!11 :rolleyes:

Shit like this will always happen when psychos have easy access to guns.

steveinbsas said:
Neither was Jack the Ripper or any mass murderer long before movies , television, or video games...including Hitler, Stalin, Nero, Mao, Paul Pot, et.al.

Come on, wake up...indeed.

Steve I know!

My point is just this:
I was made to an absolute lunatic when I mentioned in my earlier post that the absolute nonsense slaughtering in commercial films and videogames, might have an effect on some people!
In this case it was indeed the case: The murderer WAS inspired by a film!
If he would have done the same without seeing the film and only reading books, I have no idea!I am sorry to step on a lot of peoples foot, but thats how I see the hole thing, sorry!
Beside that: For sure watching an inspirering documentary or well made film WITHOUT mass killlings and wild car chases and and and, can not hurt!
When I watch a moviue, I want to educate mysel a little bit, get entertained and enjoy. But ok, some people here in the forum think its a totally braindead idee....whatever!
I wonder when its time for America to start a new war btw........

scotttswan said:
Shit like this will always happen when psychos have easy access to guns.

Shit like this will happen whether someone has easy access to guns or not...especially when it's difficult if not impossible to know if someone is "psycho" until after they have done something like this.

TERKILD said:
In this case it was indeed the case: The murderer WAS inspired by a film!
If he would have done the same without seeing the film and only reading books, I have no idea!

Exactly which film are you saying inspired the shooter?

This was the premier of the Batman movie that was on screen at the time of the shooting.

Are you suggesting that he view the film prior to it's premiere and and took these actions as a result?

That defies logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back