What is wrong with these people!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot help but feel that the anti-gun crowd is fearing the wrong thing. They believe that disarming the regular citizen and relying the protection of the state is the bets way to ensure safety.

But think about that for a moment: How many individuals can a crazed person with a rifle kill? A dozen, maybe two at most, if he has the element of surprise on his side?

How many has the State, the institution they are so willing to to fully entrust their security to, has killed just over the last century or so?

How many unarmed kulaks did the soviet state kill?
How many unarmed jews did the nazi state kill?
How many unarmed cambodians did the khmer roje kill?
How many unarmed chinese did the chinese state under mao kill?>
How many unarmed bosnians did the serbian state kill?
How many unarmed tutsies did the Rwandan state kill?
How many unarmed koreans did the north korean state kill?
How many unarmed congolese did the belgian state kill?
How many unarmed ethiopians did the Italian state kill?

And the list goes on and on....And I am just talking about state sponsored genocides over the last 100 years. I am sorry, but history gives me no confidence to trust my personal safety solely under the hands of the state.

Raymond said:
You have many apologists for the USA here who are painting that it is some sort of paradise . Early Retirement paints the USA as the best country on earth but facts speak otherwise . I certainly would not feel safe bringing up a family there!

Really???

I'm not one who holds up the US as the best place on earth but I certainly would feel *a lot* safer raising my (hypothetical) kids in the US than I would here.

Doesn't mean I hate Argentina (quite the contrary) but there is an entirely different level of worry about my personal safety and possessions that I have here than I have ever had anywhere else.

Raymond said:
You have many apologists for the USA here who are painting that it is some sort of paradise . Early Retirement paints the USA as the best country on earth but facts speak otherwise . I certainly would not feel safe bringing up a family there!

I would much rather bring up a family in the USA than Argentina...but I didn't move here to procreate.

I don't know (and never have known) anyone in the USA who brought up a family with bars on their windows.

Everyone I know in Argentina (including singles as well as families) has bars or anti-robo curtains on their windows.

Draw your own conclusions...as well as your curtains.

Raymond said:

A) That is another thread. Shall we keep them separated, please?
B) I do not see why this terrible event should allow you to bash on ER POV.

This thread is already controversial enough between the pro and anti gun folks instead of focusing on the original question regarding what makes these murderous assholes tick and/or go bang.

Most places are safe or not because people allow them to be so.

No country needs apologists. You like them (countries), understand them, feel comfortable in them, etc. Or not.
Your impressions should vary also incredibly for different locations. Generalisation in this case is a lot of things but a smart observation.

Raymond, I NEVER had a concern for my safety in the US and I've lived both in the country and in big cites. In Argentina I've lived in Buenos Aires and Mendoza. There is a huge difference in levels of security between Argentina and the USA.

Raymond said:

Hmmm...the only thing I can conclude from this RIDICULOUS comment is that you are a thug and a crook. Of course you would feel safe here where you can kill someone and a few weeks later get out of jail to attend a Government sponsored political rally.

Or maybe you continue to rob and steal from those in the street with no fear of retribution from the police and certainly no fear that someone you assault will be carrying a gun.

From a thugs viewpoint, yes, I could see why you would think the U.S. would not be so safe. However, from a normal, law abiding citizens viewpoint, you're an idiot.

Ease up on the ol Kiwi hes just trolling again, I think.

Either that or pass the pipe, or whatever it is your smoking down there to create these wacky opinions you have on how safe Argentina is, Raymond.

JWB said:
Hmmm...the only thing I can conclude from this RIDICULOUS comment is that you are a thug and a crook. Of course you would feel safe here where you can kill someone and a few weeks later get out of jail to attend a Government sponsored political rally.

Or maybe you continue to rob and steal from those in the street with no fear of retribution from the police and certainly no fear that someone you assault will be carrying a gun.

From a thugs viewpoint, yes, I could see why you would think the U.S. would not be so safe. However, from a normal, law abiding citizens viewpoint, you're an idiot.

Your openminded comment makes me feel so warm and fuzzy. You pointed out all the baddies to me. Really I could not work out a thought of my own. Thank you for making things so clear,oh dear one.
However I must have missed the demise of rational argument and freedom of speech.It is probably just me though . Viva el ad hominem !

Ps : In case you are in any doubt I am employing sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back