What should I bring?

katti said:
Really??? She does not have to wash the dishes first? They go from the table straight in the dishwasher??? What brand? What type???

I want one too!
Nancy

katti said:
Really??? She does not have to wash the dishes first? They go from the table straight in the dishwasher??? What brand? What type???
she just flips the dishes over so that big/hard stuff (like chicken bones or entire raviolis etc) fall then she puts them in the machine. the bottom of the machine has a plastic basket the size of a coffe cup that works like a net catching the small stuff, you take it away by hand and wash it in the sink every now and then.
it`s an ariston for 14/16 dishes assembled in poland with italian parts. 3 years ago it was worth over 3000 pesos. it takes one hour and 45mins to wash in the standar program for a full load.

katti said:

We have an Ariston (LI 670 Duo) dishwasher that does not neet pre-washing. It event cleans caked-up spagetti sauce after a day or so. We bought it here in 2007 and works just as good as any of the dishwashers I have back in the US.

PhilipDT said:
technically that is true, but really not at all. Notice how there is a duty free before customs at EZE where everybody is busy stocking up on bottles upon bottles of booze? They don't care how much you bring in, they assume all the bottles are from their own duty free. I've brought in up to 12 bottles of wine once.

Just a clarification, items purchased in a Duty Free Shop (anywhere in the World) may still be subject to import duty when brought into the Country (any Country).

If you buy a Swiss watch in a jewelry store in Spain, that jewelry store paid duty when they imported the watch from Switzerland and in turn will simply pass that cost on to the buyer. If you then try to bring that watch into the U.S. (or other Country) it is subject to import duty.

If you buy the same Swiss watch in a Duty Free Shop in Spain, that shop did not pay duty to import it from Switzerland and therefore, in theory, the sale price should be cheaper than if purchased at a regular jewelry store in Spain. If you then try to bring that watch into the U.S. (or other Country) it is still subject to import duty, doesn’t make a flip of difference that it was purchased in a “Duty Free Shop”. In this case, at least you are only paying duty one time.

Back