What We Like About Argentina

I'm sure everyone knows that this b*tching is not unique to foreigners living in Argentina. I lived in Japan and all the foreigners would get together to complain about crazy Japan and the crazy Japanese - and half of my old Japan-era friends are still living there. This was posted on a friend's facebook page just this week:

It's the nature of expats everywhere to bitch. In Ecuador I knew I could immediately bond with a foreigner by griping about the crazy obsession of Ecuadorians with car alarms... and their total inability to open their car without activating it...

It's the way expats bond.... by bitching....

Impressions are very important. Perception to understand, people see and believe what they perceive. Good video Joe-san...

Reactions: Joe
Sounds as though according to your posts you need to drop your ageism and overhaul your wardrobe.

Portenas/os dress in designs and style their apparel in a European, not American way even though manufacturing methods and fabrics employed are very inferior in comparison with those in Europe, Asia and North America.

I love that Argentines care to present themselves well in public and how despite being poorer, they have this sense of dignity.

I have an American friend who moved back to the US after many years living in BA. She is completely shocked and disgusted by how slobby and unkempt whole families look. This is one of the reasons why she is missing BA hugely. Another is the sense of loss of a real society.

Momentarily, in Olivos.
Everybody queues at bus stops on Maipù.
Today at Retiro rail station there were long queues to board the train, according to the yellow marks on the platform.

This is a view from a skyscraper in Acassuso:

2m6an4g.jpg
Wow, my kind of place. Detached houses and trees,green yards..These are the places more like, me wanting to plank my ass. ! Is this picture in Buenos Aires..?

Ohhhh, I don't know...I suppose it depends on how old you are :)

I'm old enough to appreciate a well-turned leg on a sixty-year-old, but I don't need to see bare midriffs and hip-hugging jeans three or four kids later. Some women think they look a whole lot younger and tighter than they actually do.

Wow, my kind of place. Detached houses and trees,green yards..These are the places more like, me wanting to plank my ass. ! Is this picture in Buenos Aires..?

As Isadora wrote, "This is a view from a skyscraper in Acassuso."

https://www.google.com.ar/search?q=acassuso+buenos+aires+mapa&client=opera&hs=Y4b&channel=suggest&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Yp9_U5DPHtPQsQStvIHIBw&ved=0CFkQsAQ&biw=1333&bih=677

Sounds as though according to your posts you need to drop your ageism and overhaul your wardrobe.

Portenas/os dress in designs and style their apparel in a European, not American way even though manufacturing methods and fabrics employed are very inferior in comparison with those in Europe, Asia and North America.

I love that Argentines care to present themselves well in public and how despite being poorer, they have this sense of dignity.

I have an American friend who moved back to the US after many years living in BA. She is completely shocked and disgusted by how slobby and unkempt whole families look. This is one of the reasons why she is missing BA hugely. Another is the sense of loss of a real society.

Sounds like you need to learn to read what's written.

I do not suffer from ageism, I do however suffer from a sense of decorum and what is appropriate. My comment was intended to point out that some people need an internal mirror that allows them to see themselves as they are - not their ideal of themselves.

Furthermore, I said nothing about expecting people to go around in slovenly fashion, nor did I insult anyone's desire to present well.

And I don't believe you know anything whatsoever about my wardrobe.

BTW, I agree that Americans are often inappropriately casual in their attire - I do not suffer from that sickness.

Back