What We Like About Argentina

I like that the people here are not obsessed with being tanned and skinny and wearing branded clothes, nor about parading their asses/titties at every chance they get (I imagined LatinoAmericans as J.Lo and Nicky Minaj, sorry - it pleased by their simplicity and lack of taste by the fashion standards)

This is the one that got my attention. Argentinos are the most brand-obsessed people I know of, and the number of sixty-year-old women showing more t&a than their granddaughters is more sad than funny.

I like the lifestyle in general - walking, socializing, etc, and I like being able to have meal in a restaurant without being rushed to finish and get out.

Argentinos are the most brand-obsessed people I know of

Please, meet the Italians. You can spot Italian tourists anywhere. Or at least I do. Have you ever met a group of tourists and guessed where they are from? (I suppose you can play this in Europe, only). Orange skin, scarf, heels (women), sunglasses, shirt open to the 2nd button, purse matched with the shoes/belt, Hogan shoes, branded down (Peuterey being no. 1), polo shirt (Ralph Lauren or La Martina).
I wish I could share my FB wall with you!

Btw, what brands are the Argentinians obsessed for? Theirs are junk and the importing is limited.

Absolutely true, I just don't see that as being particularly and Argentina thing. Read the papers from the US, cops there seem to have taken the same attitude towards enforcement, starting with the DOJ.
Its maybe a bit longer situation and more culturally ingrained here,

Lol. You don't want to get me started on Eric Holder. This was supposed to be a positive thread. Hahaha

I'm sorry, but while we do have the wonderfully red state of Kentucky in our blessed union, we are sadly lacking in the deliciously rich and decadent mozzarrella lathered Kentucky pizza of fame. I fear I could never give up a good mozzarrella at 7 in the morning. Yanquilandia will have to wait.

I'm sure Da Vinci did some cool things.

Now lets go toss the ol' pigskin and make bets on how far USA selection will get in the world cup: All the way baby!
Keep an eye on USA team. They play nicely offensive and there is a bold terrific good player (don{t remember the name & lazy to google it ). May be rather naive team on defence but I think thier matches will be amusing to see because they can make live a bad day to anyone.

Keep an eye on USA team. They play nicely offensive and there is a bold terrific good player (don{t remember the name & lazy to google it ). May be rather naive team on defence but I think thier matches will be amusing to see because they can make live a bad day to anyone.

We can only hope they're out in three, so we don't have to hear anything more about soccer for another four years.

Btw, what brands are the Argentinians obsessed for? Theirs are junk and the importing is limited.

Lacoste, Ralph Lifshitz (Polo), Gap, Hilfiger, Chanel, Ray Ban...long list - and yes, of course I realize that most of those items you see in ARG are knock-offs, but most Argentinos can't spot the real items in a line-up.

Writing this, I realize the funniest thing about Argentinos and fashion for me - the obsession men have with draping the sweaters over their shoulders. Holy 1980s! I can understand with some light shirts, but I've seen sweaters over jackets, and yes, other sweaters. And worse, I've seen this in January and February - does anyone really need a sweater when the expected low temperature is 27 degrees, with 90% humidity?

Someone should tell them they are not alone. There is a whole another country just like them.

Back