What would you bring to Argentina with you?

canela (cinnamon) is very common, easy to find in most stores. garlic powder (and garlic salt) not so much
Hmm… Full disclosure, my wife does almost all of the shopping and she doesn’t like cinnamon, so, she may not be looking very hard! I will be looking into that one…

Packing for my return trip to Argentina, I just bought a small rice cooker for $35 usd. The very few available in barrio chino are double or triple the price.

Packing for my return trip to Argentina, I just bought a small rice cooker for $35 usd. The very few available in barrio chino are double or triple the price.
It is 220v? Traditional ones have a heating element so USA 120v ones will burn up here. Perhaps new ones are more digital with transformer to convert.

I buy the occasional appliance for argentina from one of the several US retailers that specialize in 220 volts. I would imagine they sell to diplomats, oil workers, and other us workersgoing abroad, as well as us citizens sending gifts to family abroad. All kinds of things are available from tools to coffee grinders.

Back