What would you say to yourself in 25 years?

jantango

Registered
On Monday, August 28, 2045 Clarín will be 100 years old. We want to invite you to be part of that anniversary by sending a message to yourself, addressed to your "self of the future." We will keep it for 25 years and on that date we will forward your own message to you by email.

On Monday, August 28, 2045 Clarín will be 100 years old. We want to invite you to be part of that anniversary by sending a message to yourself, addressed to your "self of the future." We will keep it for 25 years and on that date we will forward your own message to you by email.

Aa great an intention as that may be, I encourage people from all walks of life to simply live in the moment.

Forget what has happened, for it is gone. Of course examine the past for lessons to be learned for the purpose of improving one's self and one's actions. To learn to be better at living and life in general. Future? Who cares? Long range plans almost never work out. But like the limited participation in past events, have a rough plan for the future. Things like education for a better tomorrow or saving for a secure retirement should it arrive.

Live now. Enjoy today. It's all you have.

Sorry Jan, I just don't sign on to the idea of the spirit of the post. Almost nothing, if everything from today, will have no relevance 25 years into the future. EXCEPT, for entertainment.

Respectfully,

T

Sorry Jan, I just don't sign on to the idea of the spirit of the post. Almost nothing, if everything from today, will have no relevance 25 years into the future. EXCEPT, for entertainment.

I give this a somewhat happier reading as an invitation to reflect on the "now" - where am I now vs where a better me would wish to be. But as El_Tigre notes, maybe the greatest value lies just in entertainment, of which we have too little these dark days. Whatever, 25 years won't do me any good but I've sent the invitation off to my children. At issue of course is whether Clarin will survive another 25 years and whether one is likely to keep the same email address for the same time period, both unanswerable..

I didn't know Clarín is almost as old as its average reader.

I give this a somewhat happier reading as an invitation to reflect on the "now" - where am I now vs where a better me would wish to be. But as El_Tigre notes, maybe the greatest value lies just in entertainment, of which we have too little these dark days. Whatever, 25 years won't do me any good but I've sent the invitation off to my children. At issue of course is whether Clarin will survive another 25 years and whether one is likely to keep the same email address for the same time period, both unanswerable..
Good points!

I do see it as good entertainment potential.

I think Clarin will be around 25 years into the future. They look like they have successfully transitioned to online. Time will tell.

Believe it or not, I am working with the same E-mail address for almost 20 years right now. I get a lot of junk from time to time, but it's worth having the same address.

The Clarin message opens a few difficult to answer questions..? What might my mail address in heaven be..? What format needs to be in to reach the celestial heavens..? Will text messages or only subliminal messages be readable..?

My message is_ look around in heaven and check if you know anyone? maybe my acquaintances are all in Hell

Back