What's It Like To Live In Palermo Soho? (Vs Other Areas)

The Choice depends of your age, family situation, children, single, Income level, sex. :cool:

If you feel comfortable in a Palermo pub with college age people with backpacks and Ipad's in hand that is the place for you,
If you enjoy the Tea Connection in Recoleta and identify with lady's with Dolce Gabana bags then that is your cup of tea. :D

Quite often, on the plane to BsAs, an Argentine sitting next to me would say " I live in Palermo". That's like to say " I live in Capital Federal".

Definitely where I will land if/when I move back. Or even if I rent via AirBnB next trip down.

I prefer the area immediately south of the zoo. We do rent our apartment (Árabe Siria and Cerviño) short term through AirBnB or otherwise.

The Choice depends of your age, family situation, children, single, Income level, sex. :cool:

If you feel comfortable in a Palermo pub with college age people with backpacks and Ipad's in hand that is the place for you,
If you enjoy the Tea Connection in Recoleta and identify with lady's with Dolce Gabana bags then that is your cup of tea. :D

Old women in Recoleta keep thinking they're entitled to my time and company. I'm friendly but this is getting too much. Is this sort of thing common here? They are very forward. One of them in a restaurant the other day had me share her champagne and then was telling me her boyfriend is out of town for the next two weeks. She was significantly older than me. Should I demand money for this.

Palermo chico is the best.

I've often wanted to live there. I lived nearby, I like the street Castex, I like walking around there. I never managed to find any apt. advertised in Palermo chico...

Palermo aint a neighborhood it's a state of mind.
Palermo Gangnam is close to Palermo Chico and Recoleta-Centro where most of the plastic surgery clinics are at, but nowhere as clean or well-dressed as the Seoulian quartier.
Palermo Karen is Barrio Parque, a heaven of burgeois civilization in the heart of darkness.
Palermo Holywood is supposed to be where all the advertising agencies are at and all the extremely cool people that work for them live at. It should be called Palermo Madison.
Palermo Soho only exists in the internet, do not try to walk there as you will not find it.

I've often wanted to live there. I lived nearby, I like the street Castex, I like walking around there. I never managed to find any apt. advertised in Palermo chico...
If you do, do not hesitate to take it, it's the only liveable neighborhood within capital federal.

Back