What's up with Coto

This requirement is only the tip of the iceberg that is in the works.
Are you perhaps referring to the implementation of CBDC?

The founder of the WEF recently praised the Presidents of Brazil and Argentina,

He didn't specifically mention CBDC, at least in the audio clip I heard, but, based on other clips, its implementation is clearly at or near the top of his list.

Thanks for the time you spent researching this and providing a link to an actual article, instead of bloating this web site with guesses, hunches, and opinions not based on reality, as is so often the case here! There is so much bloat here that it's hard to find the accurate information that gets posted. So thank you!
If you read the posts I made on Dec 15 in this thread you would have found acurate information (based on my own experiences) that answers the original question without any guesses, hunches or personal opinions.

The only thing that has changed since I was first required to provide ID for a purchase in Argentina is the the total amount of the purchase. 🤠

Thanks for the time you spent researching this and providing a link to an actual article, instead of bloating this web site with guesses, hunches, and opinions not based on reality, as is so often the case here! There is so much bloat here that it's hard to find the accurate information that gets posted. So thank you!
Conclusión, si te piden el DNI antes de la compra, están violando la ley. Si lo hacen cuando la compra supera cierto monto, están actuando correctamente.
I just love it when something called "El mundo juridico" claims that things can be legal, illegal and "correct". I guess, we are lucky that back in 2003 the AFIP didn't issue a resolution that cashier can punch any customer in the face. Otherwise, it would probably be "correct" as well.

I just love it when something called "El mundo juridico" claims that there are things can be legal, illegal and "correct". I guess, we are lucky that back in 2003 the AFIP didn't issue a resolution that cashier can punch any customer in the face. Otherwise, it would probably be "correct" as well.

For the last 15 years buying at Coto have been asked for DNI number orally before entering the products to credit the discounts and points for a COTO Community member..! For CC payments must show DNI.

For the last 15 years buying at Coto have been asked for DNI number orally before entering the products to credit the discounts and points for a COTO Community member..! For CC payments must show DNI.
I am not arguing with that. I am surprised to see that they believe that the relationship between AFIP and Coto makes something legal or "correct"? with respect to you.

I need to show my USA driver's license Mon-Wed to get the 10-15% jubilado/pensionado discounts when paying with cash:

Just use a driver's license. I was just down there last week and many trips to Coto and Jumbo. I just always use an expired Driver's License from the USA and they never ever say anything. I did the same thing when I lived there and never had any issues.

Just use a driver's license. I was just down there last week and many trips to Coto and Jumbo. I just always use an expired Driver's License from the USA and they never ever say anything. I did the same thing when I lived there and never had any issues.
Very clever!

Back