What's Up With The Price Of Onions?

You guys don't know that the onion should be $8 pesos a kilo.. Precio cuidado. :)

The continuing inconsistent availability of common domestic food products in Argentina is a situation that drives me crazy, I can understand a shortage of imported food items, but not with domestic items. I'm not referring to any kind of specialty foods, either. The disappearance of frozen peas is a good example, as is the now overall unavailablity of canned white beans, once stocked in every supermarket, but today rarely on shelves anywhere.

My local big supermarkets have cans of porotos at the moment.

You guys don't know that the onion should be $8 pesos a kilo.. Precio cuidado. :)
Disco said they had some at 9 pesos but they were no where to be seen. no where else has them. I wonder if the veggie shops are buying the supermarkets out and putting the price up. :lol:

That's the price used to calculate the official inflation rate - it is not intended to be used as a customer price :)

Bradly - where? B/C even on the news, they (were) talking bout 40 pesos a bag. And apparently we're importing onions from Brasil now per the latest news.

Bradly - where? B/C even on the news, they (were) talking bout 40 pesos a bag. And apparently we're importing onions from Brasil now per the latest news.
a mate of mine says the price of onions in brazil has doubled recently.

I saw frozen peas at Carrefour on Liberator, but they weren't that tasty.

11879175_1640985439504415_6597387020923554987_o.jpg

Back