What's your showstopper restaurant to take guests to?

Zissou

Registered
Everyone has a trick or two up their sleeve in their BA restaurant arsenal.

From deal of the century casual parrillas (take your pick) to hipster party spots (Hi Ferona + Rio at night)... to Cafe San Juan (obvio)... any new kids on the block to give out-of-towners you like a crash course in Buenos Aires onda & good food?

I love Tomo 1, ate there again recently. Not only have I never had a bad meal there I have not once ever had a meal which did not in some way thoroughly impress me.

if you want them to be shocked by a "suprema de pollo napolitana" all for a very reasonable price try the FAROLA in front of the Ateneo Book Store on Santa Fe and Riobamba...you can also get this to go...it is massive, great-tasting, and it will be a meal they will take pictures of!

Reactions: jb5
another great one to eat is CUMANA on Rodríguez Peña 1149 (though very crowded, slow service, uncomfortable chairs, but awesome food at a great price)...go at odd times such as right at 730-8pm or at 12 noon for lunch....they have great food from the "interior provinces"

also be sure you take your friends for a coffee at the ATENEO Book Store (on Santa Fe y Riobamba)...they will be shocked when they walk in

Hernán Gipponi Restaurant in Fierro Hotel. www.fierrohotel.com
Hands down.
A wee bit pricey but the service, ambiance, FOOD!!! Incredible.
They have a tasting menu (the whole table has to order it so I, sadly, did not partake) with or without wine. Where I'm from you would pay $400 for 2 for a meal like this!

ameliamcg said:
Hernán Gipponi Restaurant in Fierro Hotel. www.fierrohotel.com
Hands down.
A wee bit pricey but the service, ambiance, FOOD!!! Incredible.
They have a tasting menu (the whole table has to order it so I, sadly, did not partake) with or without wine. Where I'm from you would pay $400 for 2 for a meal like this!

What kind of food? About how much did it run?

If you want seafood and spanish style food (NOT argentine) try "La Gran Taberna" on the corner of Combate de los Pozos & Hipólito Yrigoyen right behind the Congreso Nacional Building, if you like them big roasted fish with the fins hangin' off the plate, or a big serving of Paella with the shrimp, clams and mussels jumpin' out of the rice you'll appreciate this restaurant big time.

Back