When I move here what special things should I bring that are hard to get?

There’s a supermarket called Jumbo, in Recoleta, and maybe other locations. Seems like a Whole Foods like place. Nice and clean place. It has some Twinings teas and other imported stuff, sauces. Though may be relatively more expensive. I got a 10 pack of Earl Grey for 478 ARS.
1644691703544.jpeg

Yes, that has been mentioned a few times...I have a question about that as I love hot sauces. Do they have Tabasco sauce there? If they have that good and I won't bring that one...I assume I need to bring jalapeno and habanero sauces, correct?
I went to Club Saludable today where they have five kinds of both Tabasco and Habanero sauces in the back of the store on the right side where there is a huge display of all the bottled sauces. The second shelf from the floor on the left is where to find them. $1000ARS per bottle. Location: Av. Callao 836 near the corner of Av. Cordoba. It's my favorite health food store in BA. Lots of organic products as well.

And my house, lol...I got so used to a bidet in Thailand and Cambodia when I was there for 10 years that I install them wherever I live. I did it in the USA and now in Mexico and I will bring a sprayer with me to Argentina as well.
There's something sold here called Bidetmatic. It is inexpensive, works well, and installs easily in any toilet.

Sure, of course...but then where do I store them? Can I open a dollar bank account in BA and then can I take out what I need? Is that safe to do?
I got a safety deposit box to store my dollars when my Argentine wife and I bought our house, we each took 10K into Arg. whenever one of us took a trip to the US until we had all we needed. It was tricky to open a bank account, I think I had to have a DNI which I did/do.

You can get better prices for Twinings in Barrio Chino. New Garden sells some decent teas, including Rooibos, but you need to make a pot. Tabasco is officially imported into Argentina but not seen it much recently - I buy Thai chilli sauces from Barrio Chino - and the fermented premium soy sauce is amazing. I can bring marmite when I go home once a year, but the one thing I crave is back bacon. Anyone have any leads? Anywhere make a proper breakfast? - I do not ever want to eat facturas for breakfast. Eggs, sausages and mushrooms are good and I can live without the baked beans, but bacon is necessary - why don't other countries understand?

You can get better prices for Twinings in Barrio Chino. New Garden sells some decent teas, including Rooibos, but you need to make a pot. Tabasco is officially imported into Argentina but not seen it much recently - I buy Thai chilli sauces from Barrio Chino - and the fermented premium soy sauce is amazing. I can bring marmite when I go home once a year, but the one thing I crave is back bacon. Anyone have any leads? Anywhere make a proper breakfast? - I do not ever want to eat facturas for breakfast. Eggs, sausages and mushrooms are good and I can live without the baked beans, but bacon is necessary - why don't other countries understand?
My Argentine wife misses baked beans more than me, she always brings a few cans over with us. I miss Yorkshire tea and a good curry much more. For unsmoked back bacon I think you’re snookered.

My Argentine wife misses baked beans more than me, she always brings a few cans over with us. I miss Yorkshire tea and a good curry much more. For unsmoked back bacon I think you’re snookered.
Thanks for the advice - might suggest you get a couple of bumper packs of the Yorkshire tea when you go home (never liked that one much and I have got used to Green Hills now). For a good curry, you can get some decent spices from New Garden, and other places, and Beepure make Ghee. Sautee the spices with a little ginger and garlic, then add your vegetables and chicken, coconut milk and/or tomato paste, build it up in layers.

Ok, I dont get it. I mean, my wife says I am a brute- but, seriously- Toilet paper?
As a scientific experiment, and, also because we are almost out, I walked 100 meters to my local mini-mercado, and bought toilet paper. I splurged and bought "Eleganza", the expensive brand, for a whopping 330 pesos. Thats almost 37 cents USD per roll. And to my simple mind, it is pretty much indistiguishable from the stuff Costco sells in a 48 pack.
Do people really import toilet paper because Argentine stuff is too coarse for the sensitive posteriors?

I know, there does exist an institutional variety of toilet paper that is pretty much the same as wax paper, that you find in the restrooms of dive bars here.
But you dont HAVE to buy that stuff- they have normal toilet paper too.
You aren't suggesting they don't have rye bread, are you! LOL, barbarians all! lol
Rye bread many places, Franco Parma, Sam Canillas’s,Hausbrot,

Back