When inflation is not really *inflation*

marksoc said:
Take into account that Cachanovsky is not a good source for opinion. He is the guy that said that the dollar would cost today something like 10 pesos. Nobody takes him seriously because he uses data to make false claims, in this note if I read right, he is saying that K saids something because the INDEC claims something. Yes, the INDEC cooked the books to pay less for some debt. And the world did not collapsed (as it did when American banks did it).

In the first place, the dollar might well have risen to ten pesos if the Ks had not confiscated everything in sight to keep propping up the currency. A high dollar is a sure "piantavotos" - vote vanquisher.

Second, far from being discredited, Cachanovsky is much respected in economic circles.

Third, Cachanovsky simply quoted something Cristina Kirchner said. He has no need to make up anything - her self-serving statements are enough to make hilarious copy.

And fourth, the INDEC was corrupted and gutted by the Kirchners - it simply churns out whatever figures the government tells it to churn out.

Do you honestly think she's a good president? Or are you just having fun? Frankly, I find it hard to believe that anyone can be so credulous.

It is a shortsighted policy, but not unheard of.

In the US, State universities charge out-of-state students three times what residents pay. Many State parks and recreation areas are free for residents, but not for anyone else.

As someone pointed out, in Argentina airlines are heavily subsidized - locals pay through the nose to subsidize them.

nikad said:
It is not dual pricing but discounts for residents, just like at Disney´s theme parks in FL , where residents get discounts along with others.
One price for residents, a higher price for non-residents. Whatever the reason, or merits of those reasons, it looks like a dual pricing system to me.

StevePalermo said:
One price for residents, a higher price for non-residents. Whatever the reason, or merits of those reasons, it looks like a dual pricing system to me.
That is an error: One price and discounts for residents ( it is not the same as a higher price for non residents )

nikad said:
That is an error: One price and discounts for residents ( it is not the same as a higher price for non residents )
Help me out here. Do non-residents pay the same as residents, or do they pay more?

nikad said:

Call it discount or surcharge: on Aerolineas and Lan Argentina, DNI holders pay half of what foreigners are charged.

nikad said:
and that is what communism is all about: level everybody and everything down...

except for KK and her cronies who gets to have gazillions........

SaraSara said:
Call it discount or surcharge: on Aerolineas and Lan Argentina, DNI holders pay half of what foreigners are charged.

It's not half-price for locals. There's a discount, but it's not 50%.

This really seems to really be bugging you, StevePalermo. You think Argentina should should stop the subsidies? It would probably mean even fewer Argentines flying but that doesn't really seem to be your concern.

In four years most things have gone up to double what they where!!!!!!!!!!!
call it "inflation tension".......makes me tense when I see the Pound dropping like theres no tomorrow as well!!!!!!!!!
last year my water rates increased 280%.................suerte

Back