When inflation is not really *inflation*

A year ago I paid US$300 for a round-trip ticket to El Calafate. LAN Argentina's reservations clerk told me to book the flight with my DNI, to get a better price.

A month later two American friends took the exact same flight and were charged US$ 600 apiece - twice what I paid.

ssr said:
It's not half-price for locals. There's a discount, but it's not 50%.

This really seems to really be bugging you, StevePalermo. You think Argentina should should stop the subsidies? It would probably mean even fewer Argentines flying but that doesn't really seem to be your concern.
Doesn't bug me at all! I just made a comment that non-residents pay more than residents. If anyone can show me that non-residents pay the same as residents, (i.e. their credit card accounts are charged the same, they pay the same amount in cash, whatever means of payment used), then please do so and I'll shout "I was wrong!".

Out of interest, I just phoned AA. The operator said, and I'm quoting her here, "Yes, there are different prices for Argentines and non-Argentines." She said I would have to make two separate bookings. Obviously she knows less than some contributors on here!

SaraSara said:
A year ago I paid US$300 for a RT LAN Argentina ticket to El Calafate. A month later two American friends took the exact same flight and were charged US$ 600 apiece - twice what I paid.

Flight prices change all the time, SaraSara. Every time I've flown with my girlfriend in Argentina, her ticket has cost a bit less than mine but not 50% less. I would happily accept a 50% discount for her tickets but neither LAN or AA has offered us one yet. The 30% or whatever they are saving me, however, is much appreciated. Thank you, Argentine taxpayers. ;)

StevePalermo said:
Help me out here. Do non-residents pay the same as residents, or do they pay more?
No they do not pay the same, The price IS the same although residents get a discount, so what is your point? Does it bug you? Does it make you happy? How does it affect you? Are you a resident? Are you a non resident? Are you a perma tourist? Is the wording so difficult to understand? You wanna call it dual, call it dual, I call it discounted fare price, whatever! The end result is the same.

nikad said:
No they do not pay the same, The price IS the same although residents get a discount, so what is your point? Does it bug you? Does it make you happy? How does it affect you? Are you a resident? Are you a non resident? Are you a perma tourist? Is the wording so difficult to understand? You wanna call it dual, call it dual, I call it discounted fare price, whatever! The end result is the same.

Golly...! We are just talking about discounted tickets, not discussing the death penalty.

nikad said:
No they do not pay the same

This I understand! And as I already said in a previous post, it doesn't bug me, but it sure as hell seems to be bugging you! Never realised that my original comment that non-residents pay more than residents would create such a palavar. But glad that we can finally agree on it.

StevePalermo said:
This I understand! And as I already said in a previous post, it doesn't bug me, but it sure as hell seems to be bugging you! Never realised that my original comment that non-residents pay more than residents would create such a palavar. But glad that we can finally agree on it.
Well, you kept going on and on with it, I could not care less about it, but with these word confusion you are doing basically what the govt does, ie, there is not inflation it is price tension, etc. Btw your comment had nothing to do with the original topic, I was just expecting you to somehow connect it at some point (?)

nikad said:
Well, you kept going on and on with it(?)
Just replied to comments made about my post. I naively thought they deserved a reply. Now we agree that non-residents pay more, I promise, no more 'going on and on with it', doesn't seem like there's any more to say.

TheJag said:
All we need now is Orwellian to link this to some C.I.A plot and this thread will have ran it's course.

Oh, no! Now you've done it. He probably heard you mention his name...... :rolleyes:

Back