When inflation is not really *inflation*

marksoc said:
Take into account that Cachanovsky is not a good source for opinion. He is the guy that said that the dollar would cost today something like 10 pesos. Nobody takes him seriously because he uses data to make false claims, in this note if I read right, he is saying that K saids something because the INDEC claims something. Yes, the INDEC cooked the books to pay less for some debt. And the world did not collapsed (as it did when American banks did it).
Cachanosky´s opinion might be arguable, however it was Cristina who gave those figures and not him.

marksoc said:
You would want to google LAPA before saying that in public. I don't want you to be embarrassed later. You know, in front of somebody that knows somebody who died. Or worked there.
I'm not embarrassed about that statement at all. Just relating my own experiences. And to give Argentine natives discounts and not foreigners, is that not dual pricing? Never used LAN so I can't comment. Its not that I hate government airlines, I've used plenty of them elsewhere, (Qantas, Malaysian Airlines, to name but two), I just don't rate AA.

And remember the riots at Ezeiza a couple of years ago when AA refused to give any information to delayed passengers? A family I know well (Argentines) were there, and do you think they're going to use AA again? Your blind faith in the Ks is very touching.

marksoc said:
Travel like everybody else in this country: by bus (or train if you are really poor).

So instead of striving for a more people to be able to travel by plane such huge distances, you think it's best that we all travel like the really poor?

Instead of eating quality food and having a decent job and a decent standard of living you think we should be lucky to have a crappy job, buy "compromiso del gobierno" food (and only that as we wouldn't be able to afford more), live in a dangerous area in a decrepit, leaking, unheated home with regular power outages???? You think we should all strive to "live like the poor" instead of the poor to strive to have a decent standard of living???

I guess you really are a KK supporter!

And to give Argentine natives discounts and not foreigners, is that not dual pricing?

Why should foreigners get a discount? The airline is subsidised with taxpayers money. If you hold a DNI, you get the discount.

jp said:
Why should foreigners get a discount? The airline is subsidised with taxpayers money. If you hold a DNI, you get the discount.
So we agree there is a dual pricing system?

StevePalermo said:
It is not dual pricing but discounts for residents, just like at Disney´s theme parks in FL , where residents get discounts along with others.

Nope, its a discount for residents who subsidise the airline. What do you consider discriminatory about it?

mini said:
So instead of striving for a more people to be able to travel by plane such huge distances, you think it's best that we all travel like the really poor?

Instead of eating quality food and having a decent job and a decent standard of living you think we should be lucky to have a crappy job, buy "compromiso del gobierno" food (and only that as we wouldn't be able to afford more), live in a dangerous area in a decrepit, leaking, unheated home with regular power outages???? You think we should all strive to "live like the poor" instead of the poor to strive to have a decent standard of living???

I guess you really are a KK supporter!
and that is what communism is all about: level everybody and everything down...

StevePalermo said:
I'm not embarrassed about that statement at all. Just relating my own experiences. And to give Argentine natives discounts and not foreigners, is that not dual pricing? Never used LAN so I can't comment.

Eh, it's a stupid law designed, I guess, to make air travel more affordable for locals. Here's the message you get when you look up a flight on LAN's site after selecting Argentina as your country of residence:

IMPORTANTE: Estas tarifas están disponibles sólo para RESIDENTES de Argentina según artículo 4 de la Resolución 35/2002 de la Secretaría de Transporte del Ministerio de la Producción. En caso que alguno de los pasajeros no lo sea, éste puede comprar sus tickets en algunos de los sitios internacionales de LAN.com. Durante el embarque se solicitará documentación que acredite la condición de residencia. Si no la tuviese, aquel pasajero con ticket en esta clase no podrá embarcar.

IMPORTANT: These fares are only available to RESIDENTS of Argentina, in accordance with article four of Resolution 35/2002 by the Ministry of Production's Secretary of Transportation. In the event that a passenger is not a resident, he or she can purchase tickets at some of LAN.com's international sites. When boarding, the passenger will be asked to provide documentation confirming his or her residency. A passenger with a ticket for this class will not be boarded if her or she fails to provide said documentation.

Problem is that most Argentines still can't afford to get on those places, even with the subsidies. So, instead of spending more money, people have just gotten accustomed to spending more time. Taking an 8-hour, overnight bus ride to a place that would only take an hour to get to by plane does seem pretty damn stupid, but when it's 1/3 or maybe 1/4 of the cost of a plane and you've got no dough, you take the bus.

Back