when traveling within argentina can i move about without my passport

If you use your debit card or credit card a lot of places, not all, ask for your id. I usually use my driver's license or passport card instead of carrying my actual passport everywhere. What else has worked for me is making a photocopy of the first page of the passport with your photo and having it laminated so that it looks like a driver's license.

If you go to Iguazu by plane there is a formal passport check by the Federal Police on the way back to BA. I understand that this is carried out because of the proximity of the border with Paraguay and Brazil. Not sure if a photocopy would suffice.

glasgowjohn said:
If you go to Iguazu by plane there is a formal passport check by the Federal Police on the way back to BA. I understand that this is carried out because of the proximity of the border with Paraguay and Brazil. Not sure if a photocopy would suffice.

Yes, I am also not sure a copy would suffice. The only places in Argentina someone would control your passport are provinces along the North border (Misiones along the Paraná River, Formosa along the border to Paraguay, Salta and Jujuy near the Bolivian border).

Back