When will property be cheap in Buenos Aires?

It all depends on what are you comparing it with. Property for sale is Spain is much more expensive! Just googled some options and look at their prices for example https://tranio.com/spain/, seems like there are houses that cost millions and there are people who buy it. Probably Russians as usually, they always have money from God knows where :D So in my opinion real estate market in Buenos Aires is on a rise anf prices are reasonable.

Well it just depends where in Spain. I'm looking at picking up some properties in Marbella and prices are reasonable. A few friends from the UK purchased up some properties there at very reasonable prices - https://www.marbellaforsale.com/search-property-for-sale?searchtype=buy&propertytype[]=Apartment&area[]=22&beds=0&minprice=&maxprice=&propref=&submitit=

Why not Greece property prices in Athens are cheap and has more tourists than most parts of Spain good for short term rentals

Why not Greece property prices in Athens are cheap and has more tourists than most parts of Spain good for short term rentals

I don't go to Greece much at all. I go to Spain almost every year. I tend to buy real estate in areas I actually visit so I can also use them. What's a good website to look at real estate in Greece Perry? Thanks.

I don't go to Greece much at all. I go to Spain almost every year. I tend to buy real estate in areas I actually visit so I can also use them. What's a good website to look at real estate in Greece Perry? Thanks.

The best person to ask is Garryl a member and realtor on this forum who recently brought real estate in Athens

The best person to ask is Garryl a member and realtor on this forum who recently brought real estate in Athens

Ah no worries. I can search around online. Honestly, I don't enjoy Greece as much as I do Spain and some other countries. Very friendly people and great food but just don't go enough.

Hey guys: it is now almost six months since these very well-informed posts were sent in. Would anyone like to offer an update of what is happening in view of the poor prognosis for growth and credit in Argentina? Have prices slid as much as the realists/pessimists anticipated?

Property prices are going down as there is a huge amount of offer and very little demand . Argentina and the Argentinian people live with speculation of their mind and do not face realities . The real estate market has collapsed since its peak in 2017 due to the bubble effect of cheap credit and the blanqueo of non declared funds .

I predicted more than 7 months ago a protacted property crash and imho this will be much worse than most will imagine and could last for many years more before improvement . There is a huge backlog of properties for sale and some barrios like Recoleta have close to 5,000 properties for sale a huge increase from previous years .

In the month of January 2019 the amount of escrituras signed was less than 55% signed in January 2018 . This is a shocking figure and I believe that this has never happened before in Argentinian history not even with the last financial crash ( due to properties in dollars being very cheap)

Still people insist that their properties are worth a lot and base their valuations on other speculated properties that they see advertised for sale .

https://www.cronica.com.ar/info-general/Se-desplomo-la-venta-de-inmuebles-20190225-0041.html

Last edited:
How is the rental market doing there? We are thinking of buying an investment property here but I'm wondering if we would be better buying a small apt in CABA instead. That way we could rent it out and have it there for when we go back and/or maybe be a home for us if/when we ever move back.

Back