When Will The Peso Hit 10?

When will the peso hit 10 to the US dollar?

• May

Votes: 35 46.1%
  • June

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Winter

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Spring

Votes: 10 13.2%

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Never as Cristina's adept handling of the economy will kick in and drive the peso to parity.

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters
Fried Turky, I tried to buy my flight from here, Canada to Argentina so I could pay in pesos and all the websites don't let u. I went to united yesterday to ask why and they said its impossible to buy it from Argentina if the origin is from another country.
Can u please explain how u do if, as I'd loooove to save some cash on my next flight

Si, Fried Turkey may explain how to do it? A ticket to invite a Friend lets say LAX - BA Round trip payable here in Pesos . Could one also purchase a ticket lets say LAX - BKK RT to pay here in pesos.... :D May start a travel agency :rolleyes:

http://baexpats.org/topic/25854-bond-litigation-arg-likely-to-default-causing-drop-in-peso
9.73 now

I explained how to do it. your friends give you the reservation code and you just go in and pay for it.
Simple

but united airlines in buenos aires told me that its impossible for me to pay a fare at their office if the starting point isn't Argentina!!!

Try some small travel agencies then, I have connections in the industry, but am not giving them up.

This is NOT the thread to be discussing your mercenary attempts to subjugate Argentine laws via black market money exchanges, smuggling goods through EZE or the other nefarious activities of the parasite species know as Perma-tourist.

Please discuss your execrable ticket buying strategies on another thread where decent law abiding citizens do not have to view it with the title: "How to miserly save a few pesos by profiteering in airline flight purchases and simultaneously plundering from the locals to boot". :mad:

Get nervous with this type volatility. If they had a VIX index (measure of confidence) in Argentina, would be around 90.

http://www.iprofesional.com/notas/160002-Implacable-el-dlar-paralelo-sigue-subiendo-y-ya-est-a-5-centavos-de-los-10

Reactions: Joe
Get nervous with this type volatility. If they had a VIX index (measure of confidence) in Argentina, would be around 90.

http://www.iprofesio...tavos-de-los-10
Once a market goes parabolic, it's time for a pull back.

The government through their arbitrary currency controls have made the US dollar into a fetish object. If there were no idiotic currency controls, the dollar could be at 7. Who knows because now we are in panic mode and rational decisions are not the norm.

The currency controls aren't arbitrary. They are in place so the central bank has dollar reserves to pay for energy imports and make debt obligations that are due in dollars. If there weren't any controls it would be a free for all and the central bank would have no dollar reserves.

In this case the currency controls are the equivalent of giving a cancer patient a tylenol when the patient needs chemo-therapy. Maybe they'll alleviate the pain temporarily and buy some time, but more serious problems are ahead unless some significant structural changes are put into place.

Back