Where can I find Dutch-Indonesian ingredients?

harrisonba

Registered
Hi,

I'm looking for some obscure stuff I should have brought with me. I prefer Conimex brand...

Ketjap Manis (sweet soya sauce)
Sambal Oelek (sweet hot crushed chili pepper paste)
Boemboe Sate (spice blend)

And of course ground coriander seed, turmeric and cumin.

Can anyone help, please? Thanks!

I'm not sure about the Ketjap Manis or Boemboe Sate, but you can buy jars of Sambal Oelek in Barrio Chino (I just checked and the brand I have is Pantai), along with ground coriander, cumin, turmeric and pretty much most spices that you'd be able to find in the city you can find there. My favorite place to stock up on spices and sauces is Casa China on Arribeños 2257 (there are two Casa Chinas, the first on Arribenos is at 2173 or thereabouts that has a great selection of dry bulk goods--fungi, rice, beans, but the better selection of spices and sauces is at the second, crossing the first intersection past Juramento). They also offer a fairly wide variety of soy sauces--I like a sweet dark soy sauce, and there's mushroom soy, light soy, and many other varieties, as well as sweet chili sauces, sriacha sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, wasabi, and much more. At any rate, that's your best bet here in the city, in my opinion. Good luck!

Hi Harrison

If you manage to find Kejap Manis please let me know where. We went to Barrio Chino but couldn't find any - but maybe we didn't look in the right place

Good luck

Back