Where Can I Get Some Maple Syrup?

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
I have this feeling that tomorrow morning is going to be a French Toast morning. However, I just used the last of my Aunt Jemima.

Anyone have a line on some Maple Syrup?

Thanks!

GS

try in a dietetica shop. I have never tried maple syrup myself but I know it's an ingredient of many delicatessen from argentina, it's likely found at dieteticas or shops of the sort.

I have purely maple syrop brought from Canada, I may consider if I am invited for breakfast to try your yummy french toast :D

Ask someone in the US to mail it to you. I've been successfully receiving small packets in brown padded envelopes for some time. Make it look as unobtrusive as possible.

Just a shot in the dark..... try "A Manger" at the corner of Malabia and Charcas in Palermo Viejo. Even if they don't have it, please let me recommend a brand of dulce de membrillo called "Zungri". Fabulous if your not diebetic. In any event, for my money the best specialty food place in town. You will drool. There is also a huge fiambreria with all kinds of imports in Belgrano, and I want to say it is called "La Tabla", or something close to that. It is a couple or three blocks or so west of Cabildo on a street that runs parallel to Cabildo. Good luck. I know the maple syrup addiction. You might want to look for a maple syrup halfway house if you can't find the stuff......

Aguafresca said:
I have purely maple syrop brought from Canada, I may consider if I am invited for breakfast to try your yummy french toast :D

That was the conversation starter of many of my most memorable weekends ... when I was single. :D

Farenheit said:
Ask someone in the US to mail it to you. I've been successfully receiving small packets in brown padded envelopes for some time. Make it look as unobtrusive as possible.

What I would do is have them mail me maple extract. Then cook my own syrup. More bang for the buck. ;)

There is a gourmet shop on Puyrredon, about 1-2 blocks from Las Heras - a couple doors from the Queso Queso that usually has maple syrup from Quebec. It won't be cheap but it is good. The blue cheese at the same shop is also very good.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GMXam Expat Life 31
Gringoboy Food and Drink 1
Morin Food and Drink 8
Joe Food and Drink 3
Gringoboy Articles 12
Back