Where do I find it? Specialty Neighborhoods

Another one: Warnes st in Villa Crespo everything for your car

Santa Fe between 9 de Julio and plaza San Martin for Flight companies. Does this count?

The creepiest specialty district of all in Buenos Aires...The Naked Mannequin Supply Stores. They obviously supply clothing stores, but I could not help being creeped out walking past naked, featureless bodies -sometimes with animal heads, entire naked families - in the shop windows everyday when I lived in Abasto. I think the district is all along LaValle around the 2800 block, but it might be another parallel street right around there between Corrientes and Cordoba.

pauper said:
Great post Ries. A few more:

Furniture: Avenida Belgrano

Leather: Avenida Boedo (Cochabamba down to Asamblea)

Fireworks: Jujuy also

Clothing outlet stores: Avenida Cordoba also Avellaneda in Flores (roughly Nazca to Segurola)

Chola outfits, dancing/fighting videos: Jose Leon Suarez between Rivadavia and Ibarrola

Camping/fishing gear: Parana

fireworks interest me, with the holidays coming! can you specify a bit, Jukuy is long... thnx

ghost said:
Nobody mentioned sex toys.
BUTTMAN VIDEO!!!

~Corrientes 2035 (across from UBA Rojas)

They also have videos (some of which are delivered from their location two blocks away, Tucuman ~2060, which is across from a pre-school... only in Argentina), but the store is really full of all different toys. Mostly phallus shaped. Many of ridiculous size.

It kind of like a Hustler of Hollywood (on Sunset) LIGHT. Not really much in the t-shirt world, but plenty of things to attach to or stick in your body or the body of a "loved" one.

gold jewelery is on Libertad between Corrientes and more or less Peron.

Looking to buy a sushi or french chef knife. any knife speciality stores??

A really good kitchen store in Barrio Ching, for knives and anything else.
Nancy

ok.....stripper clothes stores? :/
I need to make burlesque costumes so I need LOTS of shiny shiny shiny with some sparkle thrown in there!

Back