Where do I obtain SUBE card now?

Great news if you don't want to wait for the online card. No line right now at the BA Design Shopping mall right by the Hard Rock Cafe in Recoleta. Very helpful people working there too!

Just got mine and it works!

We also got our SUBE cards yesterday at Galeria Pacifico, first floor. Filled out a short form (we provided our german ID number which no one checked), waited about 7 minutes in the line, and that was it!

In case you're still looking, I just got mine at the Recoleta Design Center as well. If you go there, keep in mind: there's a DNI kiosk inside the center and also a mobile unit (like an extended minivan). I waited 10 minutes in line inside only to find out that they process the SUBE cards outside when the mobile unit is there.

Used my NY driver license and when asked if I were here permanently I said "Si," and didn't have a problem.

Of course, adding money to it has turned into a pain in the ass. You can't add money online (that'd be too easy) and the majority of kioskos don't offer the service. I did find one kiosko that fills SUBE cards, but they told me their machine was broken. Allegedly you can go to a Subte station, but I don't live near one. So the search continues. But at least I have the (empty) card.

Thanks @pauper. I'd been to that page before but my concern is that I'll go to 10 of the locations and each will have some type of issue with the machine. I'll probably just drag myself to a Subte location and add money.

Thanks again

Back