Where is home to an expat?

"Where ever I lay my hat, that's my home"

Never really understood the concept of home, is there something wrong with me?

In June I will call this home (and though I'll be about 800KM from CF, I'll still be a baxpat):And it would not have been possible without the efforts of PERICLES who not only found the buyer for my PH in Belgrano, but also facilitated the purchase of the quinta (also a ReMax listing)!

steveinbsas said:
In June I will call this home (and though I'll be about 800KM from CF, I'll still be a baxpat):
Congrats! Is this Cordoba?

nikad said:
Congrats! Is this Cordoba?

Actually, it's near Punta Alta in the southern area of la Provincia de Buenos Aires (near the Atlantic coast). That's how I can say I'll still be a BAexpat.

steveinbsas said:
Actually, it's near Punta Alta in the southern area of la Provincia de Buenos Aires (near the Atlantic coast). That's how I can say I'll still be a BAexpat.
Very nice :) I will definitely leave the city at some point, had enough of it already ( call it mid life crisis ) ;)

Miles Lewis said:
"Where ever I lay my hat, that's my home"

Never really understood the concept of home, is there something wrong with me?

Nope....I'm with you Miles (well, not literally, obviously!).

But I didn't grow up with my parents and have very little family, so I've always been a wanderer. I'm guessing that for most people the concept of 'home' is family based.

I lived with my family (or near them) most of my life, and considered that was my home (and hometown). Then moved to Buenos Aires.
Recently I discovered how much I like not being attached to "places" or "things".
It's not an easy process, but events in your life sometimes changes your way of thinking.

Back